+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Vs Bob Guiney

Actually, I'm pretty sure ALL of the girls kissed him first. And of course, when he kissed Samantha, he had the old pervert egging him on.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Bob only had a year or so of being the fat guy , whereas Adam has spent his life being the geeky guy. I agree, that gives him more compassion.

FORT Fan
    I thought Bob was funny when he was in The Bachelorette, and looked forward to his being on The Bachelor, thinking we wouldn't have another cookie-cutter Bachelor, but rather a guy with a funny personality. However, he quickly took on the persona of "The Bachelor," and I didn't find him funny at all. To me, Adam has had the same personality in both shows and is just being "himself." He's cute in a goofy kind of way. I ended up disliking Bob after he was on The Bachelor, but I still like Adam.

I don't see anything wrong with Adam playing tonsil hockey. I also didn't see anything wrong with Bob doing it either. Nor, do I see anything wrong with the other 100 reality show contestants doing the same thing.

Everyone expected Bob to be the knight in shining armor. Turns out he wasn't. I'm kinda perplexed as to why the "Bob" issue is still so emotional for some? C'mon people, there's a whole new crop of people to start busting on.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Blob has the morals of an alley cat, screws anything then leaves them just as fast. Adam is no saint, is vulnerable to temptation, but at least has a conscience.

Bob was a failed football player, had a failed marriage and works as a small-time mortgage broker; understandable he is trying to profit from being on a dating show by selling books and CD's; not surprising The Bachelor producer is suing him for trademark infrigement. Adam is a top-notch stock trader who has already made millions on his own; he is unlikely to try to profit from, infringe on, or sued by the Average Joe producers.
    Last edited by Bill747; 04-01-2004 at 02:46 AM.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I like Adam. I love that he's so awkward and clumsy and yet finds a way to play hero. And I did love that he carried both golf bags even though it was killing him.
    I agree..That was so cool of him to be the gentleman even though it was obviously not-so-fun carrying the weighted bags. I love that he laughs at himself...he knows he is goofy and laughs with us. He does have an innocent manner - did you see him on Leno? Leno asked him about being a millionaire and instead of bragging...he just sort of mumbled about it and oogle-ed and awww-ed about Leno's latest contract deal. Most guys would have their chest puffed out...and tootin' their horn. Adam just acts humble. He is a dork though (I mean this in a nice way). He was telling Leno about the 2 hour finale...Leno just busted up laughing -- not believing that we people REALLY watch a two hour finale of Adam's love life. Adam is totally clueless. He just keeps telling his story...even though Leno is cracking up.

I don't care that Adam has kissed a bunch of girls (he said he has to keep the numbers down and refers to it as making out with 4 1/2 girls...I'm thinking Tracilee here ) I still like Adam. I think he is doing the best he can do considering he has the task of weeding through 20 girls in a span of four weeks.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    thanks for your responses
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

trouble, trouble, trouble thepunkin's Avatar
    I can forgive Adam his indiscrete behavior because-let's face it-he is in a new situation and hasn't got a clue! He certainly hasn't had women throwing themselves at him before. What amazes me, though, is his silly hope that his make-out sessions will remain a big secret. Hello! You are on national TV and eventually everyone will know how you conducted yourself. Of course, being as nice and awkward as he is, I can't imagine Adam refusing to kiss one of those girls as they lunged at him either. He probably wouldn't want to hurt their feelings like that.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    No slamming. I think the two are similar in a lot of ways. I think the big difference is that BOB thought he was already a stud and saw an opportunity to use his fame to capitalize on his career, whereas ADAM didn't realize he was a stud and saw an opportunity to take advantage of his fame and act like a kid in the candy shop.
    Well said!!

I think the main issue with each of them is that both of them are so dorky, and have probably been so dorky since birth, that a situation like this would never arise in their wildest dreams, and never will again, so they just feel this desperate need to take what they can get. Whereas the other bachelors were much more handsome and successful and probably don't need to prove to themselves QUITE as much that they can get laid.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Also I think Adam's heart seems to be in the right place and he seems to be a nice guy, whereas Bob Guiney...not so much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast