+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not Enough Episodes

Crystal Allen

Not Enough Episodes

To echo another poster, I can't believe I'm saying this, but there should have been one or two more episodes of this series. We never get to know the girls well enough to root for or against anyone, and the personalities and Adam's interaction with them isn't sufficient to draw us in. I'm a huge Adam fan, and as horrific as this sounds, I would rather care more about watching him find true love then sit there wondering who the heck Stephanie is. It really hit me when one of the girls is shown saying that she never got to know Adam, so she's going to miss the other girls when she leaves. Honestly, shouldn't all the girls at least get to know Adam a little bit?

I agree.... the only one that I feel like we really got to know was Jen L... and now she's gone... granted, it's two hours next week.... but there should be more

I feel like we got to know TraciMe as well, much to our detriment.

I agree this should have gone longer. Maybe they didn't think this would be successful. Anyone know if the ratings are good?

PS - I CANNOT BELIEVE they are having the finale during the NCAA Championship game. TIVO-time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder
    I feel like we got to know TraciMe as well, much to our detriment.

I agree this should have gone longer. Maybe they didn't think this would be successful. Anyone know if the ratings are good?

PS - I CANNOT BELIEVE they are having the finale during the NCAA Championship game. TIVO-time for me.

damn, i completely forgot about the NCAA game.

how is this show only four episdoes? obviously adam was going to cut the ones he didn't know as much. many of the girls complained that they barely knew adam. why didn't NBC give adam the same deal as melena and larissa? you can't go from 20 to 15 to 10 to 5 to 2 and then pick one. they're barely gonna know each other. boo, NBC.

Maybe he has told the producers that his mind is set, and he knows who he is going to pick.
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

Crystal Allen

What's really striking about Adam

is that he geuinely seems to be doing this to find Miss Right. He's repeatedly expressed a preference for NY'ers and doesn't appear to have acting or fame aspirations. I would think he'd have insisted on having some way to get to know each woman at least well enough to know if they could have a future or not.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    To echo another poster, I can't believe I'm saying this, but there should have been one or two more episodes of this series. We never get to know the girls well enough to root for or against anyone, and the personalities and Adam's interaction with them isn't sufficient to draw us in. I'm a huge Adam fan, and as horrific as this sounds, I would rather care more about watching him find true love then sit there wondering who the heck Stephanie is. It really hit me when one of the girls is shown saying that she never got to know Adam, so she's going to miss the other girls when she leaves. Honestly, shouldn't all the girls at least get to know Adam a little bit?

Or they could have started with less women. I have problems keeping them straight too, especially all the brunettes. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to start with so many. I definetely felt for women who said that they didn't even get a chance for a private date so Adam really didn't know anything about them.

I suspect the producers thought they needed to keep it quick to maintain interest -- let's face it, apart from the fact that we know Adam already, this show is no different form your garden variety dating show, and those don't seem to pique our collective interest (read: get ratings) as much as the shows with something unique going on.

+ Reply to Thread