+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finalists

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    Not me! I married a guy that I chose because he was "totally not what my mother would want me to date"....the marriage lasted...well, let's just say, I have had colds that have lasted longer Nope, I think Mom's know what they are talking about...Adam should listen to his Mom

KC (preparing to be slam dunked by Maveno )
    WHAT IN THE H3LL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT KAICEE!?>?! YOU'RE FRICKIN' NUTS!!!!

I just love slam dunkin' you KaiCee!!!

I suppose some parents are good in that department.
    But in my case..if it was up to my dad: I'd have a dozen children with a husband who works 2-3 jobs while we're living in a "fixer upper" farm house in the middle of BFE Michigan. Probably situated quite uncomfortably in the middle of a potato field with no trees around.
    My mom: ANYONE that is male.
    So I guess I'm biased in the "let the parents decide" department. Oh, and this post is not a joke..how sad.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by foodgal
    The brunettes are Jewish, blondes are not.
    How do you know that Samantha is Jewish and Amy is not. Trenk? Worth? Either name might be or might not be. I have friends--blond hair, blue eyes--Jewish. It can be very hard to tell without more if the name doesn't tip you off. (I agree that Rachel and Stephanie are probably Jewish and Christine is probably not.)

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I just love slam dunkin' you KaiCee!!!
    Good think I prepared myself

I suppose some parents are good in that department.
    But in my case..if it was up to my dad: I'd have a dozen children with a husband who works 2-3 jobs while we're living in a "fixer upper" farm house in the middle of BFE Michigan. Probably situated quite uncomfortably in the middle of a potato field with no trees around.
    My mom: ANYONE that is male.
    So I guess I'm biased in the "let the parents decide" department. Oh, and this post is not a joke..how sad.
    Sheesh, Maveno...are your sure your Dad wouldn't want you to live in a nice souped up pick up truck? Yeah, maybe it's a good idea not to listen to your parents. My Mom knew what she was talking about...she wanted me to marry a proper, well educated, well mannered, quiet man with some self-sacrificing job such as teaching. Did I ever mention that my current husband is loud, obnoxious and tends to pass gas indiscriminately?? Yep, next time...I'm going to take my Mom's advice
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Those of us who have known Maveno from these boards for a while know that Mom's dead wrong... right Mav?

Rachel is Momma Mesh's pick. She is so completely the type that a mother would share her son with. If I'm wrong...well, I'm sure someone will think up a suitable punishment for me
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder
    Those of us who have known Maveno from these boards for a while know that Mom's dead wrong... right Mav?
    You've got that right mb! (thanks)

Back on topic though!

I reallllllly think it's gonna be Christine that the parents dislike and Sam who they want him with.
    If I'm wrong, I will hang my head in shame for eternity.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maveno, are you giving us permission to sing "nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, you were wroooong" when you ARE wrong? Because I am totally, completely convinced the parents will be lovin' Rachel.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I don't think any blonde is making it to the final. I think it's between Rachel and Samantha too.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I reallllllly think it's gonna be Christine that the parents dislike and Sam who they want him with.
    If I'm wrong, I will hang my head in shame for eternity.

Can't imagine any parents diggin' Sam, honestly she seems like sucha and would totally yank him around her leash forever. Yep I see them liking Rachel or possibly Amy, tho her whole thing with Adam looking like her BIL is kinda creepy. The parents will prob dislike Christine, Samantha and maybe Stephanie. Don't know her at all, she might turn out to be the winner, because she wasn't an early pick, and it obviously she's growing on him since he still is keeping her around. We've also not seen her at all, and we all know how these shows love "suprises" so it might be her.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I think it the parents will like Rachel,but he wants Samantha. Beauty over substance. Then Adam has to go back and think *Am I playing a Melana?*. In the end, I think he will go with what he wants (Samantha) and hope for the best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast