+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future Average Joes

Future Average Joes

This article is a look at next fall's schedule for NBC... and Average Joe is on it.

The question is... how? Will the show really have the same impact when it's as out in the open as it now is?

A show like FOX's "Playing It Straight" is a format where the concept doens't really have to be a surpise. But "Average Joe"? I think it does.

Agreements? Disagreements? And beyond that, how do we think the show will change or progress? And last but not least... what SHOULD they do if they are continuing it?

This season it isn't a surprise to the "Average Janes", so it doesn't really have to be a surprise.

I'd suggest continuing to make the "gilt" become the star of the next series... then they'd have a built in fan base from the previous series.

FORT Newbie
    They should find some men who claim they don't seek beauties but rather loyalty, honesty, kindness, etc., and give them bus full of beauties to start off with. (What a letdown!) But then on the next episode, and in a devilish twist, a new busload of normal-looking girls shows up, who however are sweet, loyal, honest, authentic, modest, and kind.

This season it isn't a surprise to the "Average Janes", so it doesn't really have to be a surprise.

I'd suggest continuing to make the "gilt" become the star of the next series... then they'd have a built in fan base from the previous series.
    True, but this season the "prize" there for the "Janes" is a known quantity... and rich to boot.

Going forward, yes they could repeat the Adam formula with Brian (who is not rich to top it all off). But even if they stretch it, is it a full length show? And even if it is... it simply turns this into NBC's version of the Bachelor... only with less pretty people. Of course, maybe NBC would be HAPPY with their own version of "The Bachelor", if it gets good enough ratings.

I don't see how they can continue Average Joe unless they have a lot of surprises ready to keep the audience interested. Both Average Joe 1 and 2 proved that Like begets Like. The attractive women found the more attractive men to be more their type. Now we have Adam, who isn't actually an Average Joe because he has money. I don't think they can keep using the fatsuit and bringing in the hot guys or chicks. We've already seen it.

Continuing with the person that was jilted from the last show seems like it would get old. Did I like Brian? Yes, but do I want to see another show about him trying to find the perfect girl for him? Not so much. Definitely not the long version, maybe in 2 episodes. Then we could have Jen L. next. I have come to quite like her, but again do I want to sit through the agony of watching her find her perfect match, again no. I am not even enjoying Average Joe Adam Returns as much as I thought.

I really found Adam to be quite charming in the show with Melana, but now he is the one choosing, so he is in control. I find myself identifying with the hopeful women. I guess with some great twists it may be possible to keep the audience interested, but what those could be I have no idea. If they continue with the same format I think I would just watch the last episode and skip the rest.
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 03-29-2004 at 02:19 AM.

ohh i'm trying out for plain jane lol

oh man, i would be interested in seeing this handsome hunk with plain janes---i wonder if he will know about it or if its a suprise---i'd love to see a man in the hotseat lol

[QUOTE=snickers

oh man, i would be interested in seeing this handsome hunk with plain janes---i wonder if he will know about it or if its a suprise---i'd love to see a man in the hotseat lol[/QUOTE]

This is the only reason I can think of to make this work, I would watch

The Adam finds a date show is only 4 long because their confidence level was low that it would get ratings.

But of course they will keep

:deadhorse

FORT Regular
    Here is the answer for your wonderings:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds14043.html

Quote Originally Posted by marimekko
    Here is the answer for your wonderings:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds14043.html

This works for me.

FORT Fan
    Thanks for the information, Marimekko.
    I still wonder if they are going to have an Average Joe, Brian Returns, or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast