+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Future Average Joes

So how many think it will be Jenn L and how many think it will be some one totally new. IMO I think they will choose Jenn L because we already have a connection and/or know her. I never really got into The Bachelor, but didnt they do the same thing... take the person that was most liked by the public from the show before to be in the next instalment?

They did give quite a bit of background on her for her to not even make it to the last 2 shows.

Here's an idea:

Plain Jane where "Janes" pick one among themselves (except for the one with immunity) for elimination each episode. "Joe" gets one vote as well, but his is public, made after balloting.

X.
    Dictum ad tua mater.

Quote Originally Posted by Calsteph
    So how many think it will be Jenn L and how many think it will be some one totally new. IMO I think they will choose Jenn L because we already have a connection and/or know her.
    But then we have a pattern. They're not "Average Joe/Jane" anymore, it's more of an "American Matchmaker" show. Imagine that one. 33 men, 33 women. America phone-votes which male should be courted by 32 women, and which woman should be courted by the other 32 men.

X.
    Dictum ad tua mater.

Well I'm glad this show is still one, but I want the men to stop being so darm below average. My gosh poor Larissa and Malena (sp?) those guys were not average. Average guys are normal, like walking down the street type of guys, not the ones they got, that's what really screws up the show. Also I hate most of the dumb "twists" like dressing the girls to look like their fat mother/cousin/sister/father/brother/pastor w/e. But the whole concept is still pretty cool and it's entertaining. It's a hit!

And I hope to gosh it's not Jenn L as the next Average Jane, w/e. She's soo annoying, it's nothing to do with how she looks. She is annonying, I would def not watch her. It's the same thing they did with Bob, and almost no one watched his, well by the end they did because of the whole controversy thing he started.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Poor Jenn L.

I feel so sorry for her. Should she be on Extreme Makeover? She needs a better self esteem.

Nah, she doesn't need extreme makeover. What I like about her is that she's not the cookie cutter girl that we're so used to. I love that she could have come on the show and been bitterly jealous and catty with these girls, but she didn't. She had a great attitude and is obviously well liked by the others. Now, I dont' know if I could see her doing an Average Joe, but she certainly shouldn't have trouble finding a date.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Why not get the Average Joes and Adam's leftovers and do a reunion show. Maybe for a 3 or 4 week showing and have them do those 5 minute dates and see if any of them like each other, so then each choses 5 of the opposite sex to date and the chosen ones get to say yes or no. And the gushiest couple wins.

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    Why not get the Average Joes and Adam's leftovers and do a reunion show. Maybe for a 3 or 4 week showing and have them do those 5 minute dates and see if any of them like each other, so then each choses 5 of the opposite sex to date and the chosen ones get to say yes or no. And the gushiest couple wins.
    But where are the wacky surprise twists? The misdirections? The shallow behavior? The bad choices? The DRAMA!

Quote Originally Posted by shusie
    Thanks for the information, Marimekko.
    I still wonder if they are going to have an Average Joe, Brian Returns, or something.

Ughh...!
    Request for everyone: Quit bringing that up. I don't think there could be possibly be more than 10 people in all of America who could stand to see Brian kissing multiple women for 4+ episodes of this series. Average Joe Brian Returns = bad ratings. Please don't subject the public to this sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzzy
    But then we have a pattern. They're not "Average Joe/Jane" anymore, it's more of an "American Matchmaker" show. Imagine that one. 33 men, 33 women. America phone-votes which male should be courted by 32 women, and which woman should be courted by the other 32 men.

X.

Yuck! Let's not bring pre-arranged marriage back as a societal norm! I hope we've evolved beyond that. (Or maybe our departure from that is a regression, not an evolution...all I know is that doing both pre-arranged AND free-choice marriages in society does NOT work...it has to be one or other, completely.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast