+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam sending the "beauties" home

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Adam sending the "beauties" home

Why?! Why would he send them home?? He said he was sparing the other girls embarrassment and/or broken hearts.
    I call HOGWASH! Just like his buddies said, "He'll be all over them!"...Adam knew he would be too!

He knew that he'd be all over them just as much as he's been all over the original girls. He knows that it's part of the show to bring in "better looking" contestants to stir up the pot, and he is just trying to look as if he's the hero for telling them to leave. If you think about it, I think he did a disservice to the originals...he should have KEPT the new girls there and still continued to show interest in the originals. But he COULDN'T!
    Also, if you think about it....if I was one of the original girls and I found out AFTER the show that he sent them home, I'd be offended! Because he basically said that I was NO COMPETITION to the new girls, and I would have been broken-hearted seeing them there! Thanks alot pal.

I sure hope that the girls see in the promo's that he sent them home. Then, not only will they see him kissing everyone..they'll also see that he was LYING to them when they asked what he did that day. (he said he did nothing :rolleyes) Hopefully they'll understand that he didn't send those women home to be all cavaliering either....he was afraid of looking bad (by the viewers) by tonguing the new girls and probably picking one of them in the end.

I know that eventually he'll "win" cause after-all..it is called "Average Joe-Return of Adam"... but to ME, I've NEVER seen anything in this guy and I've never understood the hype over him.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Again, I think this entire segment was scripted, and the bikini models were never meant to be competitors.

There are too many holes in this plot for it to be anything more than an attempt to manipulate the viewers into liking Adam.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Wise choice

To offer another point of view: If Adam has any interest at all in pursuing one of the original girls, it's a betrayal of their trust to bring in "ringers" late in the game. And, as Adam pointed out, he remembers how much he and the average joe's resented the hunks coming in later on in the game with Melana.

Even one of the swimsuit babes said she'd like to date a guy like Adam. Why? Because women want to be the "babe" for their man. Whether it was scripted or not, this did win big points for Adam with women.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Why?! Why would he send them home?? He said he was sparing the other girls embarrassment and/or broken hearts.
    I call HOGWASH! Just like his buddies said, "He'll be all over them!"...Adam knew he would be too!

He knew that he'd be all over them just as much as he's been all over the original girls. He knows that it's part of the show to bring in "better looking" contestants to stir up the pot, and he is just trying to look as if he's the hero for telling them to leave. If you think about it, I think he did a disservice to the originals...he should have KEPT the new girls there and still continued to show interest in the originals. But he COULDN'T!
    Also, if you think about it....if I was one of the original girls and I found out AFTER the show that he sent them home, I'd be offended! Because he basically said that I was NO COMPETITION to the new girls, and I would have been broken-hearted seeing them there! Thanks alot pal.

I sure hope that the girls see in the promo's that he sent them home. Then, not only will they see him kissing everyone..they'll also see that he was LYING to them when they asked what he did that day. (he said he did nothing :rolleyes) Hopefully they'll understand that he didn't send those women home to be all cavaliering either....he was afraid of looking bad (by the viewers) by tonguing the new girls and probably picking one of them in the end.
    I don't think the average girls later would have been upset that they were not Competition to the new girls. As entertainment value goes it is like comparing the girls from your high school reunion to girls from the playboy mansion. What guy wouldn't like to hang out in a hot tub with his buddies and drop dead gorgeous women? But it would only be for entertainment value. Adam has said he is looking for someone he can have a relationship with, getting a girlfriend that looks like a model isn’t a problem for him now after Average Joe 1. (I do wonder what happened to Adam’s” Great Girl in my Life” after AJ1 and the production of this show)

I doubt the producers this week will inform the average women that Adam ran the models off, when they reveal him kissing all the other women. I bet the women would have had a different reaction to him being a “man slut” if they had been told the entire truth.
    We are only seeing what the shows producers want us to see.

Maveno, you old cynic, you

It's easy to understand the hype about Adam. He's confident, but humble; cute, not model-perfect (and most women are not model-perfect); successful, and yet can still be self-deprecating; honest, and funny.

I would be extremely surprised if has not dated bathing-suit *beauties* in the past. IMO, he's doing this show for fun, maybe a little publicity for his business. He said straight up he wasn't doing it to find a wife.

I think the girls are going to see him making out with everyone (didn't he make a comment about how he was acting like a "perv"? ).

Actually, I think that maybe the reason they got rid of the bikini models so fast is because frankly, that stunt is getting old. AJ2 really crashed and burned after the *hunks* arrived, after all...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie
    There are women in the group of "average janes" that are as pretty if not prettier than the swimsuit models. As Adam said there were at least 5 women he was already attracted to. I think this was just a stunt by the producers to make Adam even more sympathetic to the viewers.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    I have another question - preferably for the male viewers -
    Did you find the "beauties" really attractive?

If they had chosen classy looking, gorgeous models, then that would be one thing, but these girls looked like, in the words of my husband "scary low-rent hookers"

NOT really the type of girl that would actually DATE anyone, least of all Adam.

Perhaps this is also why he sent them home?

I thought the bikini models were gorgeous and generally prettier than the original girls, but I couldn't tell as to their personality due to the shortness of their stay.

Adam sent them away because:
    (1) He did not want to belittle or hurt the feelings of the original group.
    (2) He has loyalty and more morals than for example Bob, the Bachelor. Bob would have gone thru the new girls like hot knife thru butter, before letting any of them go.
    (3) Whether by conviction or not wanting to look bad on TV, Adam did not want to over test his willpower by joining the bikini models in the hot tub. (A man on a diet should not go into a gourmet food store.)
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

[QUOTE=charlie9]If they had chosen classy looking, gorgeous models, then that would be one thing, but these girls looked like, in the words of my husband "scary low-rent hookers"

I thought the same thing!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I think this is all scripted, first of all, how could Adam not "know" that they're coming?? Is he that oblivious to the [reality] world around him? Doesn't he realize that this is part of the show?? How could he not realize that and tell the producers his feelings BEFORE he made the big scene and the girls showed up? Come on now! Also since when is the mansion that far away from where the girls live? I don't recall Larissa or Melana waiting such a long time before the guys arrived to the mansion. How did all of this happen sooo perfectly, the girls are on their way over from their house at the EXACT same instant that models arrive. Err no. I mean I love this show because it's soo entertaining but I don't believe it at all.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast