Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Older Chicks get the Boot!

FORT Newbie

Older Chicks get the Boot!

Hey, I must be really bored, because I checked out
    the NBC Average Joe website and found an insidious
    pattern that determines the girls who've been
    eliminated: their age.

Ages of Those Out: 31, 29, 28, 28, 26, 25, 25, 23, Unknown (The one with the kid)

Ages of Those In: 21, 22, 23, 23, 23, 24, 24, 24, 27 (Manages a beauty salon)

So every chick 25 and older (except for the beauty salon manager
    who fooled him with all that makeup) is outta there. He's even
    kept around 2 or 3 of the younger chicks who are pretty nasty looking.

My pattern recognition skills at work...

trouble, trouble, trouble thepunkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joewhoo
    Hey, I must be really bored, because I checked out
    the NBC Average Joe website and found an insidious
    pattern that determines the girls who've been
    eliminated: their age.

Ages of Those Out: 31, 29, 28, 28, 26, 25, 25, 23, Unknown (The one with the kid)

Ages of Those In: 21, 22, 23, 23, 23, 24, 24, 24, 27 (Manages a beauty salon)

So every chick 25 and older (except for the beauty salon manager
    who fooled him with all that makeup) is outta there. He's even
    kept around 2 or 3 of the younger chicks who are pretty nasty looking.

My pattern recognition skills at work...

Good detective work! The girl with the kid was 23. They flashed this on the screen during her confession, so we could all do the math about her 6 year old child.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    I also noticed that some of the girls with the most successful jobs got the boot too!
    Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9
    I also noticed that some of the girls with the most successful jobs got the boot too!
    Interesting!
    Maybe the guy doesnt want competition?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Chicks? I like the term "broads" better.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno

Maybe age is one of Adam's things on his checklists..."must not be over X___ (insert age here)".

I prefer "chicks" myself

Personally, I think the age thing is coincidence. Adam didn't have time to remember the names of all the girls, never mind how old they are.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie
    I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence... a matter of fact, it tells us a lot about Adam and the kind of girl he's looking for. He probably doesn't know their exact ages and consciously use that as a criterion. But there does tend to be a big difference in maturity & focus between women 25+ and those 24 and under, if you'll allow me some "broad" generalizations. Women 25 and up are generally more focused on finding the right man to marry. Those 24 and under are generally more focused on partying and hottubs, and this is where Adam is too. He's now eliminated everyone 25 and up, he eliminated someone the first night who he was told was a perfect match without even getting to know a thing about her, he eliminated Brittany because of the kid.... So we've been conned into watching this whole show under false pretenses -- that Adam is some kind of great guy who's looking for that perfect girl to settle down with. Instead, we're seeing the truth, that he's looking for a few chicks who like to get it on in the hottub. I'm sure after the show's over, he's going to look up Tracilee and some of those other girls he eliminated, not to mention all the crazy booty he's now getting because of his celebrity status. It's all a big con, and I'm having a big laugh about it. Next episode, according to the preview, his parents get on him about what the heck he's been doing and about his poor choice in women!

Crystal Allen

Disagree Strongly

First off, Adam does seem serious about finding Miss Right. He has expressed a preference for a NY'er so they can be geographically close. I think he eliminated Brittany because he did not want to pursue a serious relationship with a woman who had a child. She was a Playboy model, if he just wanted to party/hot tub, she'd have been perfect. I'm sure Adam knows the low success rate for reality show couples once the cameras are off. If he is using age as a factor [and i agree that he barely had time to get to know their names, much less ages] he may want a young woman because maybe he knows he wants to get married in 5 years, and an older woman might want it sooner. Adam is NOT shallow for knowing what he wants and for eliminating those that don't fit in with it. If the spoiler about a Jew versus non-Jew are correct, then he really does care about finding a partner, why else would it get to the point where religion matters.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Judging by some responses...perhaps I should have included the [sarcasm] tags.

Anyway...yeah, age does have a factor when looking for a mate, even in friends.
    I prefer older, wiser and more mature people as friends.
    Key word there: prefer.
    When I was in the dating scene (long time ago) I always looked for the older women..and if I did "date" someone younger than me, it was never for a long-term relationship.

If he has an age preference and eliminated accordingly.. eh, good for him.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast