+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 3/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

yeah 5'7 is way too tall-5'4 is about right i would guess-and hey that's my height!!!

and i know the average size is 14 for women-again my size haha-though i'm trying to get to size 12-that's what i was in high school-and i wasn't fat in high school-just had wide hips lol

I was pleasantly surprised by the girls - in general they are attractive but normal looking - like the type you could meet at the mall. The only problem I'm having is believing their ages - I cannot believe most of those girls are all like 23? Was that the default age if they didn't fill out that part of the application or what? Or maybe they are having a hard time distinguishing between "3" and "8" in the second digit or possibly "2" and "3" in the first digit...

23 is like some fake median age that every 31 year old numbskull who changes their age to go on a reality show settles on. Just like all of the 38 year olds become 31.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    wow I can't believe the average size of US women is 5'3?? and 152 pounds???
    I heard americans were getting larger but this? 152 pounds is not a lot, but it is on on 5'3 frame!!!

I'm a giant at 5'9 but I only know a handful of women who are around 5'3 ... most are 5'6 or better.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    wow I can't believe the average size of US women is 5'3?? and 152 pounds???
    I heard americans were getting larger but this? 152 pounds is not a lot, but it is on on 5'3 frame!!!

I'm a giant at 5'9 but I only know a handful of women who are around 5'3 ... most are 5'6 or better.
    I am going to look for the stats that people are using to come up with 5'3 as the average and the 152 weight. I know that when I was a teenager and had reached my adult height, 5'3, the average height was 5'6'', now it's down to 5'3"? The only reason must be that there are many more short statured women living in the U.S. now than back then and they brought down the average.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Fan
    I guess it depends where one hears the statistics. I remember hearing about twenty years ago that the average height for women was in the 5'3 to 5'4 range. I agree the average weight of 152 sounds high. In any event, I was glad to see some petite women on the show as well as taller women. I thought it was an interesting mix in terms of looks, personalities, height, even weight.

While the mass media "norm" for a 5'3" woman might be something ridiculously unhealty, like 100 lbs., 152 lbs. as an alternative is a bit too far the other way. At least overweight, if not obese, if you believe in BMI scales.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    What a funny tangent this thread has taken-all but a couple of the tubby girls were cut the first night....in fact, the only one left that I remember as being tubbier is Jennifer "L".

My two cents on the weight issue....I once read and feel like it's a pretty good yard stick that the general rule of thumb on "average"/"healthy" weight (for women) is to take 5 lbs per 1" over 5'. So, if someone is 5'3", they should be around 115 lbs not 152. This is just an average so don't blast me out of the water if someone is 5'3" and weighs 120. But 37 lbs is a big difference. To each his own though-it's their body.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

well in this day and age of mcdonald's i'd say 152 is right....but i think it there wasn't soo many unhealthy places to eat....i would think the average weight should be 130....115 is not right...that's too thin

FORT Fan
    I can't believe he voted off one of the women from e-Harmony. I know I'd be at least a little curious to find out more about someone who was supposed to be such a close match out of "four million people." They supposedly searched through all those people to find two women who most closely matched his interests, likes/dislikes, etc. Why the rush to eliminate her? I guess he felt from their brief interaction that it wouldn't be a match. So much for computer dating, lol.

+ Reply to Thread