+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This Average Jane?

Is This Average Jane?

I look at the pictures of the girls competing for Adam and they all look like 'Average Janes'. Maybe I am being a little harsh, but if these girls were on the bachelor, I think people would boycot the show.

This is "entirely average show". Which means it's something you could see in any bar in any city in the country. I'm not sure why people are going to watch...

Aren't you folks listening to the stupid theme music? I neeeeeeed looooooooooove. Blah blah blah blah. etc.

Everyone needs love!

Okay, kidding aside, there's at least an implication that the one or two semi-hot girls are being compared against the less attractive girls right off the bat.

And maybe NBC is trying to find a real "love connection" for Adam to duck the criticism that the shows are all a wash. So they are not just tossing money grubby types at his millionaire ass, they are also tossing in girls who we can be fooled into thinking might care about him otherwise.

There'd better be a secret twist that several of the women are secret millionaires, and thus "provably" interested more in Adam than his money, I say. Otherwise, "Average" or "hot" I'm still going to be skeptical.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    This is "entirely average show". Which means it's something you could see in any bar in any city in the country. I'm not sure why people are going to watch...
    I like Average! Average Joe is the first Reality TV show that caught my attention. I hadn't watched Bachelor, or Survivor, or Temptation Island even though my friends were discussing them. Average Joe had a twist...it drew me in. These were guys that I might meet in the street. Men that I might already know...it certainly represented the ordinary (And if my life is anything....it's ordinary ). So I watched AJ and found that I liked it....and now I look forward to watching a lot of Reality TV shows because a lot of them represent people like us. I still like the ones with a average twist...I can't wait for AJ Adam, Playing it Straight, and I am a new fan of American Idol (Thanks Lobeck...your recaps sucked me in!! Haha ).

Anyway, I think a lot of people like watching the average people make silly fools of themselves. That way we don't feel so darned silly ourselves when we do stupid things

KC
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I don't think half of the girls are "average" (if you define average on how the guys on the previous show looked). A bunch of them, 3 or 4, are stunning in my opinion. Also, publicity shots are always pretty bad, and usually, the people look much better on TV.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 times
    I don't think half of the girls are "average" (if you define average on how the guys on the previous show looked). A bunch of them, 3 or 4, are stunning in my opinion. Also, publicity shots are always pretty bad, and usually, the people look much better on TV.
    I agree. I doubt too many men would be disappointed with that line up sitting at their local hangout bar. A few of the girls are very pretty, most of them are pretty...a couple are more average.

Adam got the cream of the crop compared to either Melana or Larissa. Melana and Larissa got quite a few under-average guys. But, I have a theory that no woman would show up looking as under-average as the Average Joes did. We just wouldn't do it. Maybe it's vanity -- but I prefer to think we women are more "enlightened" -- at least that's my mantra..."I am not vain, I am enlightened....I am not vain......"

KC
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I like average too

Two of the women are what I would call very attractive physically, the rest are OK. Anyway, who says this show is supposed to be the female version of Average Joe? The premise of AJ was the beauty queen asserting the importance of personality over looks, and then being surprised by an *average* lineup of bachelors to choose from. Adam's show is really just a Bachelor ripoff. But I like Adam, so I'll be watching
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

... And Adam will in the end pick one of the new "Babes," once again raising a [mod edit] storm on the internet among the average looking people.
    Last edited by John; 03-13-2004 at 09:30 AM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal One
    ... And Adam will in the end pick one of the new "Babes," once again raising a [mod edit] storm on the internet among the average looking people.
    I think I agree with you.

I'm hoping that they bring on a dozen or so "hotties" to throw a loop in ole Adam's decision making. I think that would be great to watch...some hotty all up on him and his "battle" he'll have to make.

Then..I hope there is a dodgeball competition in the gym.
    Hotties -VS- NotHots

Last edited by John; 03-13-2004 at 09:30 AM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    I just hope none of them read the FORT. I mean they are all OK and I feel guilty judging people on looks alone, reality contests or not.

OK OK I know I do it all the time but....women are just more sensitive. I feel kinda sorry for these girls.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast