+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Samantha Trenk, Bedminster, NJ

FORT Newbie
    I'm sorry, but pets are NOT made to be dressed up in clothing. This is why they have FUR. This is obviously her substitute for a baby. S has some serious issues, to be spending so much time and money dressing a dog. It's ridiculous! There's something very disturbing about it as well. Adam clearly was turned off by it at first, and when the glow has worn off this relationship (if it hasn't already) he's probably going to be even more disturbed. It's one thing to have a couple of sweaters for a dog, but she goes OVERBOARD. I suspect that this is a character flaw with her...

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Oh please.

You act like you know her. In very cold conditions, animals that are susceptible to FREEZING to death CAN wear clothes. :rolleyes
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Yes they CAN, but SHOULD they? And do they really need such extensive wardrobes? Gotta wonder about priorities here. Then again, you're proud of dropping $800 on the gambling tables... And it doesn't really take much to figure her out. In any case, I'm moving on to more interesting topics... Have fun defending the poor girl - I suspect she's not getting much help elsewhere.

JR.
    The look on that dog's face is saying "take this stupid thing off of me". Doggie sweaters

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboo
    Yes they CAN, but SHOULD they? And do they really need such extensive wardrobes? Gotta wonder about priorities here. Then again, you're proud of dropping $800 on the gambling tables... And it doesn't really take much to figure her out. In any case, I'm moving on to more interesting topics... Have fun defending the poor girl - I suspect she's not getting much help elsewhere.
    Dogs can wear clothes..it's not as if it's "out of this world" that they do. Samantha isn't the only one that does that.

I never said I was proud of dropping $800, I'm bummed. Where did you see the word "proud" in my post?

It's not so much as "defending" her as much as it is "voicing my opinion" also.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I hope I can voice this opinion without getting in to trouble...I am a lurker for the most part but reading this thread has hit a nerve. I am not someone who can afford a lot of expensive items but I do live comfortably because I work for it. I buy what I want to buy and what I need to buy to take care of my family and to just be happy. One thing that will always bother me is how much judgment there is in this world! I work for what I have as most of us do...but even the people who don't work for what they have or get it in a way that others cannot...is of no one elses business but that persons. If she wants to spend $45 on a doggy sweater or $45 on underwear...then good for her. Even if she couldn't afford it but still did it...that is her problem. I'd like to think she lives her life in a way that makes her happy as we ALL should. We should never judge others by something as trivial as what they spend their money on....we should never judge others period! There is so much hate and violence in this world and a lot of it is based on judging others. I am sorry if this upsets anyone...it is not my intent. I am a caring, respectful and free spirited person, so I always try and treat others with kindness and as I would like to be treated. So please just take this as my opinion and know that I do not mean any disrespect. I just think we should be able to buy what we want or live that kind of lifestyle if we want without being judged by it.

Sorry for the rant/novel. This topic is just something that is very disturbing to me.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter!
    Survivor All Stars!!!
    Survivor Rocks! #1 Ken Fan! (Survivor Thailand)

Monster House and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition = BEST SHOWS ON TV!!!

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this!"

Still don't like her as much as Rachel

I was very angry and posted some angry stuff about Samantha. The truth is, I don't like her as much as Rachel ,and she wasn't the best pick for Adam for what he claimed he wanted. The show always manipulates the situation and things aren't always what they seem--my opinion still stands about her. Hopefully we can see her on some talk shows to see what she is about. I still don't think I was wrong though--but I will keep an open mind for now.....

I am going to venture out into the thread here. (stepping lightly)
    I have to say I do not agree with Adam's choice of women and that
    we( in general me included as I hit my head with a bat!) have said some not nice things about Sam but on the other hand we have been making observations and voicing opinions which if are kept within the rules of this forum are okay.

But with that said I think maybe we should close the chapter on this
    book :deadhorse .

Quote Originally Posted by alicia22
    The truth is, I don't like her as much as Rachel ,and she wasn't the best pick for Adam for what he claimed he wanted. The show always manipulates the situation and things aren't always what they seem--my opinion still stands about her. Hopefully we can see her on some talk shows to see what she is about. I still don't think I was wrong though--but I will keep an open mind for now.....

I agree, it is time to let this all go, but I have the same sentiments about Samantha. I also thought Rachel was a better match for what I "thought" Adam was looking for. He chose Samantha and that's fine. I hope if my friends are ever in a position to try to stand up for me they won't do it by name calling the people with different opinions. It would only validate the negative thoughts that had been made about me.

Chapter closed!! On to the next book!!
    Animals are such agreeable friends--they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
    George Eliot

+ Reply to Thread