+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 160

Thread: Brittany Ducker, Louisville, KY

  1. #41
    Best game ever... ping007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    639
    i like brittney. i love the accent too. she's my early favorite. i'm sure adam won't have an issue with the child. seems like this day in age, who doesn't have a kid? not yet for me though

  2. #42
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    So far, I like her too. Other than her looks, she seems like a nice person and not too aggressive to just win a competition.

  3. #43
    The race is back! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    On the mat
    Age
    43
    Posts
    40,432
    I disagree, buds, with the "who cares if she has a son" logic.

    It's an extremely large decision Adam would have to consciously make, to take on not just a woman to date, but potentially a child as well. I'm not saying he shouldn't, but it's not just a matter of simply ignoring the fact or making light of it.

    The simple fact is, this woman has a child, who I'm sure is extremely important and a large part of her life. If she's going to become involved with Adam, then her child is inextricably a part of that involvement.

    I wouldn't think any less of Adam if he passed on her simply because she has a child. It's a huge responsibility, and some people just aren't cut out for it. If he has the cajones to admit it up front, more power to them both.

  4. #44
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Okay, she's my sentimental favorite for various reasons I won't go into, but I have to be honest when I say that, while watching her and Adam talking last night, all I could think of was, if these two have children, they better have a great dental plan.

  5. #45
    FORT Regular budsvtec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I disagree, buds, with the "who cares if she has a son" logic.

    It's an extremely large decision Adam would have to consciously make, to take on not just a woman to date, but potentially a child as well. I'm not saying he shouldn't, but it's not just a matter of simply ignoring the fact or making light of it.

    The simple fact is, this woman has a child, who I'm sure is extremely important and a large part of her life. If she's going to become involved with Adam, then her child is inextricably a part of that involvement.

    I wouldn't think any less of Adam if he passed on her simply because she has a child. It's a huge responsibility, and some people just aren't cut out for it. If he has the cajones to admit it up front, more power to them both.
    The reason I said who cares if she had a son....Is that I don't think Adam would have a problem with it. I see him as a really genuine person with a good heart...I dated a woman that had a child a few years back and it didnt bother me at all. It all depends on the man and the situation.

  6. #46
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    As I remember, Melana dismissed several of the men who had children early on...even whathisname who was one of the "hunks", supposedly because he had a child. Hopefully, Adam is more open than Melana
    I was going to respond to this post...then I saw John beat me to it. So, I'll just post what John said as my response.
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    It's an extremely large decision Adam would have to consciously make, to take on not just a woman to date, but potentially a child as well. I'm not saying he shouldn't, but it's not just a matter of simply ignoring the fact or making light of it.

    The simple fact is, this woman has a child, who I'm sure is extremely important and a large part of her life. If she's going to become involved with Adam, then her child is inextricably a part of that involvement.

    I wouldn't think any less of Adam if he passed on her simply because she has a child. It's a huge responsibility, and some people just aren't cut out for it. If he has the cajones to admit it up front, more power to them both.
    It's a huge decision to become a daddy/mommy figure to a child when it's not your own...if someone isn't ready (ie; Melana) to do this, there is nothing wrong with weeding those potential suitors out.

    It's wonderful that Brittany is a great mother..I really applaud what she's done in her life w/and without her son. But this is a dating show..if she's meant to "be the one"..we'll see.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  7. #47
    FORT Newbie ill postino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40
    she was my favorite based on appearance, but a southern accent is almost a deal-sealer.

  8. #48
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by averageToe
    There are lots of us that know Brittany personally, you don't see us slamming her for 2 seconds of name dropping fame. It kills me that people sitting on a couch watching taped and edited video feel empowered to criticise at a keyboard.

    I wasn't bashing her or criticising and I'm pretty sure I didn't get any fame out of it because no one on here knows who I am. Get over it and enjoy the show. I hope she wins and gets a great romance out of this.

  9. #49
    Decompressing Juls2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,113
    I liked Brittany a lot - I thought she was very pretty and poised. Kind of reminded me a little in looks of Liv Tyler. Right now, she and Rachel are my favorites -- they both seem very real.

  10. #50
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Juls
    I liked Brittany a lot - I thought she was very pretty and poised. Kind of reminded me a little in looks of Liv Tyler. Right now, she and Rachel are my favorites -- they both seem very real.

    I agree with the fact that Brittany having a child is something not to be taken lightly by Adam. However, I know that she's not one of those young mothers who's searching for a father for her son. She always says she wants any boyfriend she would meet to treat her son like any of her friends do. Her son has a father already. She doesn't expect anyone to take on her responsibility. Also, she doesn't really casually date. She'd rather stay home with her son. She didn't go out for almost a year after her son was born. The boyfriend she eventually made she met through college, and they were together until last October or November and are still close friends. She so defys the stereotype people place on young single mothers, and I think she's very worthy of everyone's respect.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.