+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Brittany Ducker, Louisville, KY

Definitely agree that Adam is not a scoundrel for letting Brittany go b/c she had a kid. Although there will be a point in my life when I would like to have children, that time is not now. It would be an incredible adjustment if I were to learn that nine months from now I would be the father of an infant. If would be an even more difficult adjustment to learn that a couple of weeks from now, I would have someone else's six year old playing a significant role in my life.

Bottom line: she did the right thing by being honest and telling him,and he did the right thing by letting her go when he was evidently not ready for that type of life change. I think she was unfair to him for suggesting that he wasn't mature, but hey, the gal had just been dumped, so I'll cut her some slack...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    I'm one of those stepmom's who married a man with children and I can indeed understand Adam's choice. He knew he wasn't ready to be a parent of another person's child. Don't criticize him for that - it's difficult. I've lived it. In this situation Adam wouldn't have the benefit of even meeting the child. How difficult would it be for both of them if Adam chose Brittany and then later Brittany found that her child couldn't get along with Adam.
    I'm a stepmom, mom and new mom of a "blended" baby. I don't care who you are, stepkids, and more importantly, stepfamilies (grandparents, biological parents, etc.) are a huge strain on a relationship. I care a great deal for my stepson. He's a great kid. But since he only lives with us every other week, he brings an enormous amount of discord when he returns from his mothers. Also, just about the time he's calmed down and fitting in the house again, he's going back to his mothers.

I definitely don't blame Adam for not keeping Brittany. I don't blame her for wanting to find a good relationship either, but by the very virtue of her having a child, she calls the shots. I had to move to a different state to be with my new husband. It was required through my husband's divorce decree. Luckily enough, my ex-husband still comes an hour out of his way to see his daughter.

Should Adam have to deal with that for someone he may not even see after the show is over? Should Brittany's son be involved with a transitory guy from New York, just for the next few months? I think the plan was a bit ill-thought.

FORT Newbie
    She is beautiful, and seemed very genuine, unlike most reality TV women. If I weren't married, I'd take her, and 5 of her kids for that matter. LOL. I would never have short changed her myself. Not for having a kid.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Maybe Adam ditched Brittany because he got wind of her Playboy past, and didn't want a girlfriend/wife who his friends, dad, brothers, coworkers, neighbors, bosses, and everyone else under the sun could ogle in all her glory.
    I support the right to arm bears.

I'm pretty sure Adam said that there are 5 women in the group that he really likes. Perhaps she just wasn't one of the 5. I liked her and thought she was really pretty but there's more to it than that. I admire both of them -- her for her honesty and him for his.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndoraStar
    I am a single mom and I have an incrediable 6 yr old daughter.. whatever the issues were with Rob, he decided to get rid of Brittany b/c of her son. He didn't even give it a chance.

I know it's reality tv, and there's a time limit. However I would have NEVER thought that he was like that, and I can point guys out like that right away.
    I disagree. I think that Adam eliminating her right away was a good thing. As someone posted a few days ago...a child is a HUGE responsibility. If things got serious and marriage was in the future...Adam would essentially be the childs' role model, on-duty daddy, etc. That's a big consideration when choosing a partner.

I was in love and subsequently dumped by a guy who chose not to continue to date me because I had young children. He had kids from a previous marriage who were almost grown - mine had a few years to go. He chose not to marry me because he did not want to raise anymore children. I totally respected his right to make this choice. We are still friends nearly 30 years later. He married a nice woman with children that were grown and they are very happy. He made the right choice for himself. I'm glad he did.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I think this is fairly complicated.

Brittany was about as good looking as some of the "swimsuit" models (if it wasn't clear from the show or her publicity photos, it's certainly much cleared from the glamour shots on that site), so the fact that Adam let her go could speak well for his priorities--rather than just looking for a great body he was looking for other things in common. In fact, he's made it clear that he was leaning towards girls from the Northeast (well, he said "New York", but I don't think he'd have a huge problem with a neighboring state). The fact that Brittany lives 600-700 miles away from him might be a factor too. That baggage on top of a child, on top of the additional fact that he may actually be seeing himself as a better match with some of the less beautiful women might have ALL added up to his decision.

Her attitude when confronted by his honesty could be taken a few ways... a.) she's seen this attitude so often she's overly sensitive about it b.) she "expected" more from Adam because he's a TV star and she traveled across country to see him.

She may have thought she prepared herself for this attitude, but didn't--realistically she was trying to be up-front about it instead of sandbagging him later, but from Adam's side it may have looked like she was doing it as a way to cut her losses early if it was a barrier to him. And that's exactly what he did, and perhaps expected her to react in concert with that.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-23-2004 at 03:39 PM.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    I'm one of those stepmom's who married a man with children and I can indeed understand Adam's choice. He knew he wasn't ready to be a parent of another person's child. Don't criticize him for that - it's difficult. I've lived it. In this situation Adam wouldn't have the benefit of even meeting the child. How difficult would it be for both of them if Adam chose Brittany and then later Brittany found that her child couldn't get along with Adam.

I'm a stepmom too - my current husband had two kids and I had three when we married. Step parenting is NOT for sissys, I will tell you that! It's hard to raise someone elses children.

Besides...think about it...Brittany's son would have put a real big damper on the home dates -- Can you imagine what Larissa's home date with Jim would have been like if his roomie was a six year old instead of a plastic doll??
    Last edited by KaiCee; 03-23-2004 at 03:53 PM.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

FORT Regular
    I think Brittany needs to acknowledge that whomever she will have as a partner will be a huge part of her sons life as well even if she is not looking for a farther for him. Many men who are single and don't have children will simply say no to that because they simply don't want to be big part of somebody elses childs life and that should be fine. Brittany needs to stop undermining her child and understand that they are "a package deal". Maybe someday she will be mature enough to understand and handle that.

marimekko, it might have just been a momentary lapse on her part. Helped by the fact that she thought she "knew" Adam from TV.

+ Reply to Thread