+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Brittany Ducker, Louisville, KY

FORT Newbie
    Interesting how the forum vultures have lost interest in this forum now that Brittany has left the show with her integrity intact.

Her honest approach sure equaled what her friends had said on this forum. Adam's decision was likewise honest and he probably made the right decision for himself, Brittany and especially her son, Though I do think Adam could regret not getting to know Brittany as a friend when his additional fifteen minutes of fame are over. Romantically, I do think he would have been a fifth wheel in Brittany's life.

I'm glad for her that she had this five minutes of fame and I believe that with her poise and dedication, we'll see much more than another 10 minutes, whether it be in journalism or elsewhere.

Thanks to Brittany's friends for a wholesome dialog and thanks to Brittany for showing your son and us that reality television can be positive!

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Integrity intact? She runs away from her child to appear on a reality show in which the goal is to have extremely public sexual relations with someone she only knows from seeing him appear on a previous reality show.

Then, she decides to tell this guy she has a six-year-old, and acts surprised when he doesn't react positively. Sure, there are guys who like kids, but most of us prefer to father them ourselves. It's a monumental piece of baggage for a 23-year-old, and to get all self-righteous, as she did, just made her look like a fool.

And finally, she decides she's better off without the guy (no greater turn-off, I guess, than being rejected) and then realizes she misses the kid, who apparently can be conveniently pawned off on someone when she wants a vacation.

Brittany is a very pretty girl, but she's obviously far too used to everyone around her indulging her irresponsible behavior.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Boy, she got knocked up at the tender age of 16. I think she's just looking for a sugar daddy to take care of her and her baby. Probably barely getting by with her Sub teacher salary.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onaroll
    Interesting how the forum vultures have lost interest in this forum now that Brittany has left the show with her integrity intact.
    Give it time, onaroll. We'll be back. After all, you posted this at 4 something in morning. How many posts did you expect to see made between 2am and 4am EST? I certainly wouldn't take that as a sign that the "forum vultures" are retreating with their tails between their legs.

Among everything else, you'll never convince me that a mom who lets her 6 year old son watch Fear Factor, to the point that it's his favorite show, makes wise decisions.

to your post, Anemic Dog.
    I support the right to arm bears.

I found her comment about some people not being mature enough to handle the fact she had a child, annoying last night.
    I doubt it was a question of lack of maturity on Adam's part, more likely he just didn't want to become involved with someone who already had a child, in which case he was right to let her go.
    Had Brittany made enough of an impact on him, he might have been able to overlook it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Crystal Allen

Nothing Wrong With Not Wanting a Single Mom

The NBC boards are filled with self righteous posters saying that Adam is shallow and evil for not keeping Brittany. Truthfully, had they gotten to know each other and fall in love in 'normal' circumstances, maybe he would have overlooked it, or been able to adjust his idea of 'the right woman.' But this is reality tv, and since there's such a limited amount of time, the more superficial things are going to matter. Additionally, not wanting a single mom doesn't make him shallow or evil. As the above poster said, they were BOTH honest. Some posters act like if Adam didn't get all excited about the prospect of having a six year old in his life at this point, he's a bad guy.

I don't think that Brittany or Adam are bad people at all. We don't really know Brittany's story--maybe she saw the first avg joe and felt a lightening bolt type thing and thought that it would be good for her and her son if she could meet Adam. Fair enough. And in Adam's spot, it doesn't say anything bad (or good) about him that he rejected her. He was honest. Also fair enough.

My brother married a woman with a 5 year old daughter. A friend of mine married a woman with a 8 year old son. I think that, if Adam and Brittany met under more normal circumstances then her son wouldn't have mattered. In that situation, usually people go out a little bit, then the date meets the child, then maybe the child and the date hit it off or they don't. And then the date starts weighing out the mother (or father) and child as a team. Maybe Adam would have absolutely fallen in love with Brittany AND her son if the situation were different.

For those of you who have said that maybe in other circumstances Adam could have "overlooked" Brittany's som (implying that he somehow "forgive" her for being a mom), I think that wouldn't have worked out at all. Brittany will find a great guy who won't "overlook" her son, but will love her WITH her son. See?

What's so weird is that, in normal life, Adam would have met Brittany, but there wouldn't be other non-mom choices at that same time. Of course, if we all had the choice, we'd choose someone without children than someone with children so the children of the marriage would be both of theirs. It's reasonable that, presented with that, Adam chose as he did.

I am a single mom and I have an incrediable 6 yr old daughter.. whatever the issues were with Rob, he decided to get rid of Brittany b/c of her son. He didn't even give it a chance.

I know it's reality tv, and there's a time limit. However I would have NEVER thought that he was like that, and I can point guys out like that right away.

You're right it's his choice, as it's mine to not watch the show again. I simple don't have respect for him anymore. I know many that feel the same way.

I too have an education, my own house and my daughter is in the gifted program in school. But all that doesn't really matter as much as how happy and loved my daughter is

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    I'm surprised that people are ragging on Adam for getting rid of Brittany. Maybe he has dreams of marrying an unencumbered woman who can travel and live carelessly for a few years, and then start a family of his own with his own 2.5 kids. Dealing with the boy's father and grandparents is an added complication. Not to mention that Brittany probably doesn't want to uproot her son and take him to NY, away from his father and his grandparents, etc.

We all have different dreams and desires...why persecute him because a 6 year child doesn't fit into his? Given the choice among 15 women they barely know, I imagine most men would choose someone without a child, all else being equal. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with her having a child, just that it's not what he wants. Big deal.
    I support the right to arm bears.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I found her comment about some people not being mature enough to handle the fact she had a child, annoying last night.
    I doubt it was a question of lack of maturity on Adam's part, more likely he just didn't want to become involved with someone who already had a child, in which case he was right to let her go.
    Had Brittany made enough of an impact on him, he might have been able to overlook it.
    To each his own. You could tell Adam was uncomfortable with the news and he has every right to be if that isn't in his plans. Instead of going on TV and posing for Playboy, maybe now she can put that master's degree to work for her and do something great with her life.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread