+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Lifshitz, Buffalo Grove, IL

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    I liked her better the last show. I think her "stalker-ness" was probably a result of being really insecure. What a terrible situation for someone who is not a beauty queen to be in - someone who has probably already experienced a lot of rejection.

I gave her props for being honest about all that and i found her discussions of the topic to be one of the realest reality TV moments yet. Hope to see good things from her in the future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie9
    Hope to see good things from her in the future.
    Yeah, like her backside as she boards the bus...

I'm sorry, but if just a hint of what we saw that first night is true, this girl is really unbalanced. She talks about never having had a boyfriend and CRIES!! I'm sorry, but learn to like yourself just the way you are and men will like you a whole lot better, plus you won't be spending all your time looking for a man, any man. You'll be enjoying your life and yourself too much!!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    Yeah, like her backside as she boards the bus...

I'm sorry, but if just a hint of what we saw that first night is true, this girl is really unbalanced. She talks about never having had a boyfriend and CRIES!! I'm sorry, but learn to like yourself just the way you are and men will like you a whole lot better, plus you won't be spending all your time looking for a man, any man. You'll be enjoying your life and yourself too much!!
    She was just being honest about how she felt. As many people on this board have not so kindly put it - she is not as attractive as the other contestants. She knows it.
    If the people she encounters in her daily life are as cruel and ignorant as some of the posters on this board. I can understand why she would be upset.

Jen L. is my favorite! I'm rooting for her. She may not be the best-looking, but she seems like a great and funny person. I'd hang out with her any day. Plus...that little monolgue she had in the last episode...made me sad.

People can be cruel.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by averagefan2
    She was just being honest about how she felt. As many people on this board have not so kindly put it - she is not as attractive as the other contestants. She knows it.
    If the people she encounters in her daily life are as cruel and ignorant as some of the posters on this board. I can understand why she would be upset.
    People are cruel. Our media crams thin and perfect down our throat 24/7. I can understand Jenn L's feelings. I'm not exactly thin, perfect, under 18 yrs old like all the models we see in magazines and tv. I'm not a dog...but I know how Jenn L feels. Dating is all about perfect, thin, attractive, and rich. It should be noted that the very same things that are being said about Jenn L were said about Adam during the first AJ (except I don't think anyone accused Adam of having too big boobs ). After we all got to know Adam...most of us looked past his imperfections. I'm sure that is what Jenn L encounters everyday of her life. She doesn't look like a model...so it just takes people time to warm up to her. I hope she knows that being imperfect is the way we all feel at one time or another...

I wouldn't mind seeing Jenn L win...but looking at all the photos on the nbc website (stills of the episodes)...I have to say that Rachel does seem like girlfriend material. She stands back...not in your face groupie attitude...and always smiles. So, Jenn L has some pretty tough competition with her.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I also believe people in this thread are being "overly" judgemental. I felt very bad for jennifer last night when she was asked to leave. she didn't even get a chance with adam and thats too bad. remember folks NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!

I liked her and wish she could have stayed longer. She really had no time for him to get to know her. She seems to have a cute personality. The nose can be fixed, the personality stays.

I still find it very odd that she's NEVER had a boyfriend and went on tv and blubbered about it. Something tells me that she was repeatedly telling us in hopes of garnering attention like Adam got.

I just find it really odd that she's never had a bf (so doesn't know how to "act"), but yet...goes on NATIONAL television to try and "win over Adam". Then cries about it because she didn't win. ?
    It doesn't add up to me.
    What made her think that she WOULD win with the lack of dating experience?!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

OK, I was all set to hate this girl, because Rachel Dratch annoys, and people who smile and giggle all the time annoy, and the perpetual look of surprise on her face perpetually surprised me...

...but I like her! I really like her! I understand if Adam just wasn't feeling a love connection with her, but darn it, I would have liked to see this girl find happiness with SOMEONE! Yeah, give her her own show; I'd watch...

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion, Doyu Gems Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mulvajo
    I also believe people in this thread are being "overly" judgemental. I felt very bad for jennifer last night when she was asked to leave. she didn't even get a chance with adam and thats too bad. remember folks NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!

Might as well say "don't watch reality television."

We have very little to go on, and so we make judgments based entirely on looks. If Jenn's friends weren't prepared for that, they shouldn't be watching the show or visiting a forum where people talk about the show.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

+ Reply to Thread