+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rachel Goetz, New City, NY

Crystal Allen

Timing

There's a conventional wisdom that women settle down when they meet Mr. Right, and men meet Miss Right when they're ready to settle down. I myself was recently dumped by a man for whom I was 'perfect,' we had many similar interests and were wildly attracted to one another, but he wasn't ready for a serious relationship. Adam tellingly mentioned that if he were looking for a wife, it would have been Rachel.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jengineer
    So here I am thinking, will he go for the gold digger or the woman of substance? I asked the wife, this was before their meeting of the parents. She thought Goetz would be the one. I reminded her of the dilema that we males have. We have these great and wonderful 2 organs. The problem we have is that we only have enough blood to operate one of them at a time.
    I'm sorry, but guys (and I'm not picking on you specifically, jengineer...I'm talking guys in general) won't let us get away with "it's PMS" or "Hormones acting up" when we do something stupid. Two brains and just enough blood to make one work? I'm not buying it. Face it...if Adam wants/needs a family as he claimed he did...He picked a temporary solution to a permanent problem. Sam may make him a daddy...and then soak him for child support and alimony for years (somebody has to keep little Cloe the dog in her cute tiaras and tutus).
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

FORT Newbie
    Never even watch shows like this but happened to tune in last night because nothing better was on. I enjoyed the show although even though I only watched one show it was clear that Adam was not a great catch. First he ain't average, average guys aren't millionaires. Second he's below average in the looks department. Take a nice normal guy with average looks that makes 100K or less and thats an average Joe. I feel so bad for Rachel, she was so sweet. I will not say anything bad about sam except this "Farting DOG" What was that guy thinking? That dog always comes first and it farts!!! Thats just discusting. Why didn't he keep one of the two blondes? They were sweet and if he wanted fun, blondes have more fun. I just wonder if Rachel really is like she says she is. I think someone that gave up their teaching job to go on the show is pretty cool, but then she had to know on a show like this that there are 15 or whatever amount of girls competing for a guy and playing nice and sweet probably isn't going to win. In fact would a nice sweet girl really go on a show like that? Furthermore, we really don't know what happened behind the scenes. Maybe Rachel was mean to Adam, maybe she wasn't so sweet. One thing I did notice about Rachel was she definately didn't dress sexy. Not that I"m saying she needs to. I think she was great, but on a show like that, a little sexy couldn't hurt. Also she seemed kind of Prudish. Sweet is great, mother of kids is great, someone who cooks you dinner and listens to you is great, but lets face it, at some point you want a little fun too. I think she needed to impress upon Adam that while she is sweet, she likes to have sex. I feel bad for her, she should publish her email adress or something, there is probably like 10000 guys that would marry her on the spot. Just need to figure out which ones are normal non ax murdering types.

Male instincts.

After being passed-over by Adam, on the bus out of the airplane hanger, Rachel said "I just really don't get it...I just don't understand." I'll try to answer her, and as a public service, answer nice girls everywhere.

Samantha is slightly prettier than Rachel and much more fashionable. But even if they had the same looks or Rachel were slightly prettier by physical standards, Adam would still have choosen Sam.

Adam often said he made his decisions based on instincts; male instincts are often irrational, even to other male:

(1) The Hard To Get Theory: Men instinctively value most what they had to work hard getting. Rachel getting up at 3:30 am then making a full breakfast for Adam so early in their relationship was NOT a good idea. Samantha did not make anything easy for Adam. To get his first date, he had to intervene to help Sam go from a huge negative to winning the stock trading contest. During the date, he had to carry heavy golf bags laddened with stones and then do clean up duties in order to get into the spa with her.

(2) Forbidden Fruit Theory: People are often more attracted to something forbidden. Because his mom disliked Samantha, he became attracted to Sam even more. Being independently wealthy, Adam's preference trumps mom's preference. Rachel, on the other hand, became too friendly too quickly with mom and dad. Generally it's good to get along with possible in-laws, but Rachel went way over the top. The link between girlfriend/inlaws is closer & friendlier than the link between girlfriend/boyfriend. No wonder Adam felt claustrophobic. If he were to get into argument with girlfriend or parents in future, he would always be surrounded.

So Adam's decision was predictable. When he had to carry those laddened golf bags for Sam, I knew she would be "in his head" and in the finals. When mom cried for joy meeting Rach, I knew she'd be gone.
    Last edited by Bill747; 04-06-2004 at 07:04 PM.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

Wow Bill747 that was very well written, and I couldn't agree more with you on any point. Esp the cooking thing, she should've have done that because he would now think that he could walk all over her and do w/e he wants. Thanks for the public service, it really is an awesome post.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Good points Bill747
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

I really fell in love with Rachel last night, and I believe she is a "dream girl". I hope she returns for something like Average Joe where she picks the guys.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill747
    After being passed-over by Adam, on the bus out of the airplane hanger, Rachel said "I just really don't get it...I just don't understand." I'll try to answer her, and as a public service, answer nice girls everywhere..
    Thanks Bill...So, the old saying "Nice girls always finish last" really is true, huh? I'm going to show that post to my daughter who is totally in the same situation...being too nice vs. the other girl who is not-at-all nice.

I think (but am no expert) that Adam's decision to go with Sam was based on fear too. Although, I'm really ticked that he did it...I can understand that if he only knew these girls for a few weeks and Rachel really did look like the perfect marrying type...that would be pretty intimidating. But I'm not making excuses for Adam...I'm still ticked at him. He's lucky I'm not his mother - I would smack him upside the head to knock some sense in him!
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Pilostic

wow rachel

I don't know what to say.........

Other than you are a deep, kind and soft hearted woman!
    I think that it was awfully sad what happened on the show to you. I hope things will change and you will find someone who sees you for who you really are......... a beauty!

You are a insightful, kindhearted beautiful person........

sooooooooo ummmm PICK ME!!!!!!!!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    Wow Bill747 that was very well written, and I couldn't agree more with you on any point. Esp the cooking thing, she should've have done that because he would now think that he could walk all over her and do w/e he wants. Thanks for the public service, it really is an awesome post.
    Nah, This was a simple decision if you look for the key. At their last date, Adam asked Rachel about their "passion" and really got his answer later when they were lying on the couch under the covers: Zero. Compare to Samantha saying to him "don't stop, don't stop" as he was kissing her in the hot tub. All Rachel had to do is convince Adam that she too could be a whore in bed and I'm sure it would have changed the outcome.

+ Reply to Thread