+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rachel Goetz, New City, NY

I can see it now, the fall scheduling for NBC will include:

Average Jane: Rachel Returns

Bwahahahaha!!!! It's a never ending cycle!

Rachel lost out.

In practical terms, Rachel is unlikely to meet/date many more multi-millionaires. More likely, she'll marry another teacher, just like her parents (who were both teachers).

Since she just lost her job, may be she'll meet someone in the unemployment line.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

FORT Newbie

Adam was played.

Yeah, he was played - but even though he was being manipulated, I'm still surprised he didn't see through it. I feel the same way Rachel did - out of all people, I would have thought Adam would have gone for the total package.

Even if we're comparing sexiness, Rachel is far superior, imo. And there were so many things that rubbed him the wrong way about Samantha, I just don't get it. The only thing I can think of is that he truly was scared about Rachel being too right. He's probably got the ingrained male attitude about marriage and "settling down" that makes him uncomfortable if he actually finds someone who fits every criterion he's got, because then he's that much closer to getting hitched.

Maybe he just needs some time with that self-absorbed, j.a.p. Samantha, in order to figure out for himself what everybody else around him (including his parents) could see was so obviously true.

I'm with Jonathan - even if I didn't know her personality, I'd definitely go for Rachel - just from her confidence, her smile, and the fact that she's so comfortable in her own skin. But knowing a little about her makes her that much more of a catch. I'd consider myself incredibly lucky to meet a woman like her - and nobody else would ever turn my head.

What gets me was on his boat date with Sam, he commented that she might be manipulating him. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

FORT Newbie
    dude Bill harsh, I'd go out w/her in a heartbeat! she didn't go on the show for his $$$
    Gold diggers don't become teachers. Sam on the other hand... Bently drivin' Prada wearing b**ch IMHO.

I think he should have picked Rachel, seemed like the perfect girl to me. Someone every guy is looking for, however I don't think the show lasted long enough for her to get her own show. People never got too invested in her. The editors were idiots for building her up that much and putting Sam down so much. It is going to make the show lose viewers because they keep editing it to look like the person made the absolutly wrong choice.

FORT Newbie

Rachel Proved Herself

Losing to someone like Samantha was probably something girls like Rachel are used to. Unfortunately, Adam proved that he was a normal human being, and did as I have done, which is, didn't listen before he made up his mind. Faulting him is difficult in the sense that I was not there. But it is also easy in a way because I am close to his age (a little older), and have been down this road many times. If Rachel was as true as she seemed, Adam made a very big mistake. Probably feeling at her lowest ever during that time, I can give this advice: Keep your head up Rachel. If you are as genuine as you seem, you are meant for greener pastures. I can only hope to someday meet someone like you.

You go girl, you showed class, you deserve better than his 'horny' arse and I wish you the best of luck.

You will find another job and you will recover from this a lot faster than you think......... Adam and Sam are meant to make each other miserable for at least 6 months, or until she spends his cash and buys more dog outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Thistlefoot
    You go girl, you showed class, you deserve better than his 'horny' arse and I wish you the best of luck.

You will find another job and you will recover from this a lot faster than you think......... Adam and Sam are meant to make each other miserable for at least 6 months, or until she spends his cash and buys more dog outfits.
    Yes, someone before said "she wins" as a prediction... well... she DID. She didn't get stuck with the guy who was only looking for an easy piece of ass. It sucks about her job (and teaching jobs are only easy to get if you are willing to MOVE, and MUCH harder if you've been sacked--which technically she probably was).

FORT Newbie
    Sigh, what a shame... I've only seen the 2 hour finale, but I saw the same kind, nurturing, caring, loving, intelligent woman with great values and elegance Adam's mom saw. Rachel had so much more to offer than Samantha.

Samantha seemed nice, but she has no personality beyond the superficial flare. From the careless way Samantha stood, she did not seem like one that would shed a tear if eliminated. Whereas Amy did cry in pain, the cut seemed much deeper with Rachel.

It's really sad she gave up so much (her teaching job) for her dreams, but he wasn't ready for something real as he said. Instead, he was blinded by lust. In Adam's own words, Rachel is "perfect." What an oxymoron it is to let perfection go. Perhaps it is better as he was far from perfect for her.

Rachel will be a perfect friend, lover and wife to one lucky man someday. If a man can only appreciate her as much as she appreciates him, it will be a loving union and blessed are the children and the man.
    Last edited by Cheese78CA; 04-06-2004 at 05:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread