+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rachel Goetz, New City, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    Good points Bill747
    Is there still room on the "Bill Bandwagon" for me to fit on? By the way, you aren't THEE "Bill" that drove the Bill-natics crazy with lust from the second AJ2?!

Only a person that comes from a certain demographic can call themselves 'out' and not be lambasted at stereotyping, so it was nice to hear a male say it as it 'is'.

I remember in High School, my Best Friend and I were interested in the same guy, whom we had known for years. He ultimately dated my friend, a real looker (Ginger from Gilligan's Island to my Mary Jane), and he explained to me, "When I get Debbie out of my system, than I can date you."

Didn't know my friend Debbie was a disease and I was a cure.

Anywho, that statement was enough for me to completely disrespect this dweeb and after he and Debbie ran their course of 6 weeks, I was onto better and more deserving dates when Dan came around for my "scraps".
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    There's a conventional wisdom that women settle down when they meet Mr. Right, and men meet Miss Right when they're ready to settle down. I myself was recently dumped by a man for whom I was 'perfect,' we had many similar interests and were wildly attracted to one another, but he wasn't ready for a serious relationship. Adam tellingly mentioned that if he were looking for a wife, it would have been Rachel.
    Exactly! So why in the 'heck' did he agree to do the show? And why in the heck did he say initially that he wanted the same things his friends had...a wife and children??

Sure he wants a wife & children...but I think he's smart enough not to believe he's going to get them from a television show.

Just a random thought.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

SuperTrooper

"The Perfect Girl And the Dunce"

Rachel is the perfect girl. I was astounded at her natural beauty and the way her conversational skill made smooth edges of many of Adam's dorkier moments. I actually cried because I see her as the most obviously perfect choice and I felt a real spiritual connection with her personality...what a great girl. (Also, I thought she was the best looking by far! But I like natural beauty not "acquired-superficiality"). I never watch these shows but she really grabbed me...I can't explain it. I watched the finale like 5 times already and Tivo'd everything with Rachel in it. I am amazed that Adam could even begin to look at anyone other than Rachel...proves that he isn't made of the material that he claims he is...

Pilostic

true

i agree..........

she is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

She will find someone better (me) someone who thinks shes the greatest (me)
    someone who will appreciate who she is (me)

subliminal man (saturday night live)

SuperTrooper
    I would debate the (me) part but...uh-hmm-- I'm married. lol I really was smitten with her total personality and incredible spirit. Her smile just melted my heart.

Bill mentioned:

(1) The Hard To Get Theory:
    (2) Forbidden Fruit Theory:

Just because those are two explanations for the motivations of how people behave doesn't mean they are the mature way to behave.

Forbidden fruit is usually forbidden for a reason, often a good one. And being hard to get can get old and too hard to bother with at some point too.

But I will give you that Sam had more dates that had challenges (gold course, cleaning up, stock trading, farting dog) than most others which could have caused stronger bonding through adversity. Everyone else often had night dates with candles, gourmet food and the same old same old.

I think having parents (in-laws) approval is a good thing if you are going to get married. And playing "hard to get" games is old once in a honest relationship after the attraction/infatuation stage)

*shrug*

Just because we label Adam's behaviour doesn't mean it's any better.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    Exactly! So why in the 'heck' did he agree to do the show? And why in the heck did he say initially that he wanted the same things his friends had...a wife and children??

I think he really does, but Samantha was just too exciting to pass up. If anyone noticed, when Rachel was walking to the bus, I thought Adam had the *Oh crap- what in the heck did I just do??* look about him- almost like he knew Rachel should be the one, but Sam is too tempting. Maybe it was just me, but I think it may have been at that moment he realized what he was giving up. I do think they had passion,but Rachel is smart enough not to be all over him while on TV- where I was embarrassed for Sam jumping him like she did.

FORT Newbie

Adam needs to

I think that adam and rachel would of been perfect together. She may not be as beautiful as sam but beauty is skin deep. She would of stood by Adam through anything and had he lost all of his money and had nothing i think she still would of been there for him. Sam i have the feeling would leave in a heart beat if Adam didn't have the money he had. I do think that if Adam was smart that he would look rachel up and tell her how sorry he is that he made a mistake. Tell her that he thought that sam was someone that she isnt and that she was sincere which is the furthest thing from the truth and then beg her to give him another chance. I think that he should hope that she forgives him and that he takes her away for a nice trip like the one that they go on after the show and treat her like a queen so that she does forgive him and gives him another chance. She seemed like the type to have a forgiving heart.

Quote Originally Posted by stafra8
    I think that adam and rachel would of been perfect together. She may not be as beautiful as sam but beauty is skin deep. She would of stood by Adam through anything and had he lost all of his money and had nothing i think she still would of been there for him. Sam i have the feeling would leave in a heart beat if Adam didn't have the money he had. I do think that if Adam was smart that he would look rachel up and tell her how sorry he is that he made a mistake. Tell her that he thought that sam was someone that she isnt and that she was sincere which is the furthest thing from the truth and then beg her to give him another chance. I think that he should hope that she forgives him and that he takes her away for a nice trip like the one that they go on after the show and treat her like a queen so that she does forgive him and gives him another chance. She seemed like the type to have a forgiving heart.
    Rachel was only after his $$$$$$$$$
    She even up and quit her job, in hopes that she could sponge off of Adam.
    Becareful of judging a book by it's cover...watch out for Rachel's type
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

+ Reply to Thread