+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Summer Wesson, Atlanta

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    My point was that NBC has altered peoples biographies to make this group appear more geographically diverse....summer and more than half a dozen other ladies all have California accents...and I wouldn't care but that NBC posted somewhat misleading info on there web site....(we look at folks on Tv in a microscope....) and the acting wanna be was based on her peformance on Monday....(as they would say in the business....) she tried very hard....
    Ack! Do we Californians have accents, Museum? I didn't think we did...but then again, I have lived in California for 51 years now...so maybe I'm not the best person to judge, huh?

Doggone it if we do though...I am going to have to stop making fun of my Chicago cousins for their accents
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Queenb...I agree there is alot of location filiming done in Atlanta and many other parts of the country...but I was still under the impression that most of the casting agents were located near the film studios and traveled to locations when extras were needed in particular areas....seems to me that it would be something of a handicap not to be close to the industry execs...and it wasnt just an impression...I did a web search and most...but not all were in LA...there may be one in Atlanta...I just couldn't find it ...

I also agree that alot...I know several people...in Atlanta weren't born there....and my post wasn't intended to make fun of either...just NBC for perhaps altering folks bios....to give an incorrect impression.....

Kaicee....when I use accent I mean any slight difference in pronouciation from one region to another....there are dozens of New York accents...so yes we all have accents...some more pronounced than others...Summer sounds like people I talk to in California for business all the time...my impression...not trying to make fun of folks from any one or another place.....

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Kaicee....when I use accent I mean any slight difference in pronouciation from one region to another....there are dozens of New York accents...so yes we all have accents...some more pronounced than others...Summer sounds like people I talk to in California for business all the time...my impression...not trying to make fun of folks from any one or another place.....
    Oh, Museum, I didn't mean to imply you were making fun of Californians!! I know you weren't. It just really interested me that Californians sound different from anyone else. I know about NY, Texan, Chicago and southern accents, etc...but it never occurred to me that someone could tell I was from California by the way I speak. Like I said, I've been in CA for a long time, so I wouldn't notice a difference.

I didn't mean to make fun of anyone with an accent either. When I mentioned my Chicago cousins, it is because most of my family is from Chicago (my mom is the only ones sibling out of 11 to move to out of Chicago). So, it's a standing joke with my cousins that they talk funny It's all good natured kidding around though.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I found a list of the films and Tv shows she is credited with....

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0921894/

actually some big name films and shows here....

Good job museumguy, and we have another reality contestant in it for all the right reasons

ETA: maybe I'm wrong, are these the films she cast people in? Not that she was an extra??
    Last edited by Noreen; 03-20-2004 at 12:00 AM.

I was pleasantly surprised that they had her job title correct...just didnt mentioned she had recently branched out to producer and perhaps have aspirations (we hope quickly dashed...as an actress....)

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Good job museumguy, and we have another reality contestant in it for all the right reasons

ETA: maybe I'm wrong, are these the films she cast people in? Not that she was an extra??
    There are quite a few casting directors I know, though, who are frustrated actors who went into casting to get more clout in the industry or to stay near the action when their own acting work failed or (in extreme cases) to take out their own feelings of rejection in the field by rejecting others...

this is of course not true of all or even most casting directors, but there are definitely more than a few i know like this, so just a little thought!

Nice to see a little diversity in looks. Pretty red hair, makes her stand out. I think in a relationship with Adam she would wear the pants and tell him when to jump. He seems too lazy for that type of woman.

FORT Newbie
    Hi, just thought i'd throw this out there. Summer IS from the Atlanta area. My husband and I went to college with her, I only vaguely recall her, husband remembers her, and one of mu husbands best friends was close to her. I double checked in the year book. She's there. I have no clue where she lives NOW though. But I do know that she's from the atlanta area, and went to college in GA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast