+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Episode 8 Recap - "R-E-S-P-E-C-T"

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    She noted how he started sweating, and I was transported back in time to when she made the same comment about Sean while he cooked. Hey Larissa? They are COOKING. In a kitchen. In Hawaii. Shut UP!
    I don't think she's ever cooked in her life.

But then we tried the urchin. Oh dear God, the urchin. There are nights I wake from a sound sleep, screaming and gagging, as the phantom taste of urchin chases me like a culinary Freddy Krueger.So for Brian to put on his happy face and swallow the soft, unknown lumps on his plate…well, let’s just say that “Dude, my friends are TOTALLY going to see me kissing this hot chick on t.v.” must go pretty far.

Which, incidentally, he can’t answer, because he’s dumber than a chipped brick, but she justifies this by calling him a free spirit. Yes. A very stupid free spirit.), She talks a bit about how she feels like she’s in a Ralph Lauren commercial when she’s with Jim. Better than a Hooked on Phonics commercial, I suppose.

Am I the only one who thinks that each of his features look overgrown, as if he’s been exposed to a serious radiation leak, turning him in to…I don’t know, super-big-facial-feature guy? He just LOOKS dopey.

In what universe is Jim considered a better catch than Fredo? Outside of his ridiculous hair and evident mama’s boy qualities, he’s a decent guy. Jim, on the other hand, has a ridiculously large face and a ridiculously small intellect. I can’t be the only one thinking this, can I? Please say no.
    Girl, you're killing me!
    Great job, Amanda.

I laughed so many times reading this

But this isn’t about me, OR the Ultimate Warrior. For once.

The tuna…better than, say, being made to eat from the cat box with a Clamato chaser. But then we tried the urchin. Oh dear God, the urchin. There are nights I wake from a sound sleep, screaming and gagging, as the phantom taste of urchin chases me like a culinary Freddy Krueger.

“Why do they have him in a Star Trek uniform?” I was cracking up as I replied that, sadly, that was just Fredo’s own personal outfit. He was right, though. All it needed was a tricorder, or whatever the hell that triangular thing on their shirts is. But I digress.

For his part, Jim’s take on the date was something like “Spam tastes good!” I’m not entirely sure, as I stopped listening to him.

They go for a bike ride, and then cool down the way all of us do – by rock climbing. They rappelled down the side of a cliff, and Larissa got to see Jim without his shirt on. Even his nipples are disproportionately large, but eh…maybe she likes that.

“Wait, what? Is this the last show? Are we going to be spared the other hometown dates? Am I watching the finale and not even realizing it?!?!” Sadly, no. Damnable NBC. As Jim approaches Larissa in the middle of an airplane hangar, she eliminates him. She cries a little, he’s disappointed, and I still don’t know what the hell is happening. I was looking at the clock, thinking there’s only 7 minutes left, and how are they going to work this all in?
    Fantastic recap! I'm especially laughing over the Star Trek uniform as his own "personal choice". And ditto on the wtf ending!!

Yet another fabulous recap.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    I've read the recap three times...it's so funny!! I'm still laughing Glad I wasn't the only one confused when they fast forwarded to eliminating Jim. Great Recap, Amanda....thank you for all the work you put in the recaps. AJ wouldn't be half as fun to watch if we didn't have you to poke fun at it

Kaicee
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Great job Amanda.

Anyone got the final recap?? I feel asleep and missed the whole show!!!!
    Cheers

The show only ended like 9 hours ago. I'm good, but I'm not even close to being that good. Patience, my dear, is a virtue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12