+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)

I have to agree, bad odors AND a blow-up doll are always a buzzkill for me on a date.
    But add to that a man who doesn't read, and I don't care if his apartment and his dog are spotless, I'd be out the door faster than you can say "Febreeze".
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Bleh, where to begin??

Here is my take on Monday's episode...

I already liked Fredo and I liked him even more after this. I never realized that he cared so much for Larissa. Here he is thinking that they are having great conversations and an overall good time and what a classy girl she is because she isn't sucking face with everyone. Come to find out she is basically a ho with the hunks and the only reason she is nice and classy with the Joes is because she is a stuck up beauty queen who thinks she is too good for them no matter how great she thinks they are. I really wish they would have given Fredo the opportunity to give it to her in person. She really needs to be put in her place and told that the Joes don't need her princess pity and that she deserves to be with someone as beautiful and shallow as herself. She is really missing out. I thought Fredo was the only one she had "personality" chemistry with. She actually seemed to relax and have fun around him.

I still don't get her attraction to Gil. He seems an OK enough guy, but he really is not that into her and keeps putting her off not only when she asks questions, but physically as well. This date further proved she is a shallow little girl who is only interested in looks. After a very painful date and painful conversation about his ex-girlfriend over dinner, her "heart is pounding" when kissing him on the bed?! WHY??!! Because she is falling for him? or because she finally realized what a ho she looks like on national television?

I love how she always has the realization that she is a ho after the fact. She said so again with Brian. She had gone too far too fast on most of her dates. The girl is completely ruled by her hormones. Not that hormones are a bad thing, but they blind her to the truth about the hunks.

Her hometown date with Jim... Pretty much what everyone else said. He truly is a pretty face and not much else (and BTW, I think he has a weird face and not really that attractive). As far as the dog, how bad could it smell? Unless it had been out rolling in dung, I can't imagine it had more than a normal doggy odor which probably was a little exaggerated by being in that one room with the door shut. It just goes to show once again how stuck up she is. I bet her guinea pigs don't smell like sunshine. I would be more concerned about the fact that he had no sheets on the bed.

Previews... More fun with Brian, more painful conversation with Gil. The secret will be dumb and they already know at this point because if the reactions they showed are when they found out, it was at the same time that her "mother" came to visit. Its old news and won't affect anything. She will break Brian's heart. She wouldn't be crying like that over Gil. She sure didn't cry like that over Jim.

I can't wait for next week and I'll be glad when this is over. I can't believe I obsess about this show so much when I can't stand Larissa.

As far as the dog, how bad could it smell?
    Let me tell you...my ex kept a large dog in his house and the smell would take your breath as soon as you opened the front door. Nasty.

I'm thinking Brian is going to lose this one. He's a good guy but I don't see her being more than friends with him. I won't fault Larissa for being more attracted to the hunks, I was the same way when I was her age. Gil seems like nice guy, maybe they have a chemistry that doesn't translate well on TV?

I'll be glad when this is over, whoever was running this show seemed to go to extra lengths to hurt the AJ's feelings...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    This show has been mean to everyone...and considering how Geeky most TV execs are....How can we forget Brandon..Bowtie...Talkitoff... they should have showed some compassion for the Average Joes....

Let the Joes drive Porches while the Geeks have to walk...Make them play scrabble for her love.....make them read to her...something anything to even the tables...

I want Brian to win..cos the deck has been stacked against him since Dodge ball....and I am going to root for him till the moment he drives away from the hanger in the limo...and I bet...I am sure there are a thousand women...all single who would send him a condolence e-mail if NBC flashed his addy as he drives away....

GO Brian...you and Fredo have had some class in this very lopsided show.....

If she thought Jim was a tool, I don't see Gil coming off having any more depth or lively personality, so that only leaves Brian but I don't see her picking Brian either. I mean he is sooo ugly I can't even bear to see his "looks like he was forced, face-first through a Coke bottle" face and when they kiss it makes me cringe to even think about, plus that horrible "Baston" accent would be far too grating to hear on a regular basis, and he commits the cardinal sin of being shorter than the girl and women really don't like men to be shorter than they are. He may have the best personality, especially compared to the two vacant husks that are left with him, but that just isn't enough for him to be a serious choice for a girl who looks like Larissa.

I don't blame her for putting a premium on looks, but then I am a male and we are supposed to be more interested in looks than women anyway. I know that if a girl looked like Brian I would not pick her no matter how intelligent, charming and nice she was, and I am not proud of that shallowness, but I know it is true and I know I am not the only one that possesses that quality. I also hate that truism since I not a great looking person myself and have always resented the ease of life that great looking people seem to have. But when I put myself in the same position as Larissa, I can't see picking any of these guys for a long term relationship, so she may just pick Brian to go on the trip with and then that will be the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd
    Let me tell you...my ex kept a large dog in his house and the smell would take your breath as soon as you opened the front door. Nasty.
    Well, I am an animal lover and you can't expect a dog to smell 100% fresh and clean all the time. There certainly are dogs that smell bad because of skin problems and such, but most dogs really don't smell that bad. I just think people that think that animals are dirty and gross are snobs. And it just furthered my impression of her as stuck up and prissy

Quote Originally Posted by smartycat
    Well, I am an animal lover and you can't expect a dog to smell 100% fresh and clean all the time. There certainly are dogs that smell bad because of skin problems and such, but most dogs really don't smell that bad. I just think people that think that animals are dirty and gross are snobs. And it just furthered my impression of her as stuck up and prissy
    Oh no...I love animals too! I didn't mean to imply that I thought all dogs smelled, I just meant my ex in particular, he never washed the poor dog or cleaned the house, and it was terrible. I was just comparing that to Jim's place, which didn't look to fresh and clean either...didn't mean to come off anti-dog!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread