+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Larissa FORCED to keep and reject an equal number of hunks and joes?

FORT Newbie

Why is Larissa FORCED to keep and reject an equal number of hunks and joes?

They make her send home the same number of joes and hunks each week. I was pretty sure that Melana was never forced to be fair. Wasn't she able to send home anyone she wanted? I realize she ended up with a final two of joe and hunk, but I think that was her own choice. Larissa is forced to pare the list down equally. Isn't that totally interfering with the whole concept? It would be more interesting to let her send home anyone she wants, even if it's six joes at once. It just really bothers me that she's held to this rule.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Hmm...well, if that was the case...then we wouldn't have an AJ2 show to watch. I believe Larissa would have booted all of the AJ's first round. Game over.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

According to an article I posted here a while back, they actually had the same restrictions on both ladies, but only had to enforce it with Melana. Larissa does it on her own.

I thought it was the other way around? The producers had to remind Larissa?

That's what I heard too, speedbump!
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    I know what you mean but if I was Larissa (which I am obviosly not) I would have kept certain people around...

Fredo definately....
    Tony yeah
    Jim Yeah
    Michael Kline (definately) but then again this is just my tunnel vision speaking with him...I didn't really like how he treated the Average ones but if I had to do that I would try to make it equal as well but when you think about it....nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes as far as rules and restrtictions go and what goes on behind closed doors...
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

I think of it as just being part of the game. You could ask, "why does Larissa have to kick people off at all?" Why can't she just keep everyone until the very end and just choose one?

Its just part of the game.
    Camile Velasco knows pancakes

FORT Newbie
    She has to keep them in order to keep the show entertaining, and keep us guessing until the end whether it's the 'hunks' or the 'joes' who win her heart

Quote Originally Posted by Katelet
    They make her send home the same number of joes and hunks each week. I was pretty sure that Melana was never forced to be fair. Wasn't she able to send home anyone she wanted? I realize she ended up with a final two of joe and hunk, but I think that was her own choice. Larissa is forced to pare the list down equally. Isn't that totally interfering with the whole concept? It would be more interesting to let her send home anyone she wants, even if it's six joes at once. It just really bothers me that she's held to this rule.
    I"d say this whole show interferes with the concept from start to finish.

The fact that "hunks" are brought in at all interferes with the show's concept.

But since the powers that be decided to, they have to get maximum dramatic effect. If the woman dumps all the Joes early on, "Average Joe" becomes "The Bachelorette".

It's not relevant anyway. The woman only gets to pick one at the end.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast