+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does Larissa Have to Marry the one she picks? How much money will they both get?

FORT Newbie

Does Larissa Have to Marry the one she picks? How much money will they both get?

Hi Reality TV Fans,
    My friend emailed me today and has the assumption that Larissa has to marry the one she picks to get the money. If this correct? I understood it as she will get engaged and get the money. Does she have to split the money with the Average Joe contestant? Are the men in on the money deal or are they looking for love only? Inquiring minds want to know the real low down on this deal. Thanks.
    Scrappy

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy
    Hi Reality TV Fans,
    My friend emailed me today and has the assumption that Larissa has to marry the one she picks to get the money. If this correct? I understood it as she will get engaged and get the money. Does she have to split the money with the Average Joe contestant? Are the men in on the money deal or are they looking for love only? Inquiring minds want to know the real low down on this deal. Thanks.
    Scrappy
    Nawww, she just has to go on an exotic vacation with him for a week. No marriage involved. They probably have to agree to go on shows like Jay Leno for a certain amount of time after AJ Hawaii ends. I assume they are required to make it look like they are dating in the Leno appearances. NBC wants to promote their next Reality TV show...it wouldn't look too good if Larissa and the winner went around saying it was the worst mistake of their lives! No one gets any extra money for winning. NBC pays Larissa some amount for participating in AJ but I don't think the guys receive anything for it.

Kaicee
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

There's no "cash prize", and there is no requirement for anything beyond the show. In typical NBC fashion, they probably aren't even required to take their exotic vacation together.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy
    Hi Reality TV Fans,
    Scrappy
    I think your friend has AJ Hawaii confused with My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance. In that show (FOX network) the girl has to go through a fake wedding. She gets a half million dollars IF she can convince her whole family to attend the wedding. The difference with Big Fat Fiance show and Average Joe is that the man is a paid actor and the viewers know about it. In Average Joe, the guys are not paid actors (that we know about anyway). To further confuse you...you might read that some of the Average Joes were actors (they were) but they weren't HIRED to play a part. Hope this helps more than confuses you Kaicee
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread