+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Results 141 to 149 of 149

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

  1. #141
    FORT Newbie angel oh!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    st. john's newfoundland
    Posts
    31
    I think Tony's downfall was that he worked the art thing to death. He knew that none of the other guys could talk to her about. Can you imagine Brian at an art opening? Speaking of Brian,how does a guy who works for homeland security fall for such a bad make-up job? sure he doesn't work security in a Boston airport.

    Brian is just creepy. Get a grip man. Your embarrassing us and yourself.
    off to play with the geodesic garden gnomes

  2. #142
    Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New York
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,602
    Lucy its technically possible to mumble a few words ...Like I gotta pee...or your in on my foot..in that condition...but hold intelligent conversation....not likely....

  3. #143
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    103
    This show is called Average Joe. If she was able to vote off all the Average Joe's before the hunks what is the point of this show exactly? The whole thing is far fetched anyway. She can do better then the average Joes AND the so called hunks in real life anyway. Think the hunks are so great? Gil is boring as hell and Jim works as a waiter at Chillies and has yet to say anything of substance to her. There are many interesting, successful, handsome men that would line up to date Larissa. I guess my point is this is so contrived and no matter who she picks she wont be with them two months after the show ends. Might as well make things as interesting as possible and I think the rules mandating her splitting up the vote offs does it.

  4. #144
    FORT Fan smartycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    211
    [QUOTE=katerbug]the preview of her kissing brian was pathetic. she looked like it was going to hurt her to touch his lips with hers. /QUOTE]

    To the contrary, she seems to be the aggressor in the kissing scene with Brian. He seems a little taken off guard and seems to be pulling away a little bit. She also touches Brian's face a lot when they are kissing.

  5. #145
    crispin-glover-lover katerbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by smartycat
    Quote Originally Posted by katerbug
    the preview of her kissing brian was pathetic. she looked like it was going to hurt her to touch his lips with hers.
    To the contrary, she seems to be the aggressor in the kissing scene with Brian. He seems a little taken off guard and seems to be pulling away a little bit. She also touches Brian's face a lot when they are kissing.
    ahhh but she never opens her lips. (god that sounds dirty, sorry). she just doesn't kiss them the same way at all. facial touching or not.

  6. #146
    FORT Fogey wendiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    802
    As I see it there's no way in hell Larissa will be with whomever she chooses more than 1 hour after the show. Pheremones, my dear. They're just not present in any of these connections.

    I do have a problem with all the pity for the AJ's (and I've felt my share as well). Bottom line, these guys went gaga over a woman based on her looks (first meeting). What does that say about judging a book by its cover?

    I find Fredo very appealing. There's just something about his gentle giant image, I suppose. He looks intimidating but I think he's very kind-hearted and sweet. I wish he'd cut his hair but that's a minor thing.

    I just don't get the Brian attraction. Frankly, I find him annoying. And I'm guessing his "homeland security" thing boils down to being a security officer at an airport (as someone noted earlier). Thus, all the secrecy and reluctance to talk about it.

    On the other hand, you just know one of the remaining AJ's is a secret millionaire or has some enormous claim to fame that's designed to swing the vote when she's down to the final two. Wonder who? And I wonder what the secret is?

  7. #147
    FORT Fan smartycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    As I see it there's no way in hell Larissa will be with whomever she chooses more than 1 hour after the show. Pheremones, my dear. They're just not present in any of these connections.

    I do have a problem with all the pity for the AJ's (and I've felt my share as well). Bottom line, these guys went gaga over a woman based on her looks (first meeting). What does that say about judging a book by its cover?

    I find Fredo very appealing. There's just something about his gentle giant image, I suppose. He looks intimidating but I think he's very kind-hearted and sweet. I wish he'd cut his hair but that's a minor thing.

    I just don't get the Brian attraction. Frankly, I find him annoying. And I'm guessing his "homeland security" thing boils down to being a security officer at an airport (as someone noted earlier). Thus, all the secrecy and reluctance to talk about it.

    On the other hand, you just know one of the remaining AJ's is a secret millionaire or has some enormous claim to fame that's designed to swing the vote when she's down to the final two. Wonder who? And I wonder what the secret is?

    I do agree that she most likely is no longer with the chosen one.

    I do not agree that the average joes are hypocritical. There were some that went ga ga over Larissa when they first met, but those guys got eliminated early (Phuc). These guys did not go on this show looking to meet a hot chick, they were going on a party show. Sure they think she is pretty but I think the remaining guys would have been just as happy to be on a dating show with an average jane.

    Brian is an auditor with the Department of Homeland Security. I'm not exactly sure, but I think that is some kind of accounting task, possibly more. It is definitely a desk job. He has never tried to say that he is cloak and dagger. He even joked about it on his date with Larissa. Don't bag on the guy because of his job. He never tried to make it out to be any more or any less that it really is. Then again, maybe the secret is that Brian really is a secret agent or something

  8. #148
    FORT Fan smartycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by katerbug
    ahhh but she never opens her lips. (god that sounds dirty, sorry). she just doesn't kiss them the same way at all. facial touching or not.
    She IS open mouth kissing Brian in the preview. I agree that on the whole her make out sessions with the Joes have been very tame in comparrison with the hunks. But I'm not sure that is on the whole a bad thing. I think her kisses with Brian have a certain sweetness and emotion to them and are not just "pity" kisses. Is she feeling any love when making out with Jimbo or just lust?

  9. #149
    It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by smartycat
    I do not agree that the average joes are hypocritical. There were some that went ga ga over Larissa when they first met, but those guys got eliminated early (Phuc). These guys did not go on this show looking to meet a hot chick, they were going on a party show. Sure they think she is pretty but I think the remaining guys would have been just as happy to be on a dating show with an average jane.
    I agree. The two guys remaining have not claimed to go into La La Land over Larissa. Brian has maintained that he really isn't too open to jumping into a love situation but he is trying to overcome that and enjoy the moment. Fredo has said that he dates pretty girls a lot in real life - he hasn't proclaimed undying love for Larissa. They both have said they are developing feelings for her...but who wouldn't? They are secluded on a romantic island with one woman and a bunch of guys? (okay, that's not exactly true...there is a big crew filming this show)...but the point is: they have spent weeks concentrating on one woman (who happens to be pretty and nice). Almost anyone would develop feelings for her -heck, I would develop feelings for her and I'm a middle aged Grandma


    Quote Originally Posted by smartycat
    Brian is an auditor with the Department of Homeland Security. I'm not exactly sure, but I think that is some kind of accounting task, possibly more. It is definitely a desk job. He has never tried to say that he is cloak and dagger. He even joked about it on his date with Larissa. Don't bag on the guy because of his job. He never tried to make it out to be any more or any less that it really is. Then again, maybe the secret is that Brian really is a secret agent or something
    He is an auditor. All branches of the government need financial accountants...I'm sure that is what he does. He is the first one to kid about his job - he hasn't said or printed anything that paints himself to be anything else other than an auditor. Wouldn't it be funny if he was some kind of rich/mysterious double agent - or that he worked right under the president or something? (okay, I've read too many fairy tales )
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.