+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 01/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMe007
    What is romantic about eating a soggy cookie out of a jerks mouth?
    Don't knock it till you try it.

I thought the kissing was really hot, and I'm not sure who was sexier in that scene-- Larissa or Michael. They had oodles and oodles of physical chemistry together, and I thought it was gorgeous to witness.

Not to mention-- a few weeks of putting up with Daaaaaavid Daskal gives Larissa a free pass to do whatever the hell she wants with the hunks for a while. The poor girl deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    David is playing a role. He knows damn well he isn't going to win the babe. It's probably in his contract. So why waste time on being upset?
    That makes him smart as well as kind.

...Damn. At this rate, I might even end up liking him. Ick. I can't even think of a worse fate.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mariagoner
    I wouldn't say it is. After all, dodgeball is very diffrent from the more primal sport of boxing. For one thing, even grade-schoolers play the first game. And trust me, having a soft ball thrown at you may sting, but it doesn't bruise like a flurry of punches.

And second, the average Joes were attempting to hit the hunks right back. The agression was not one sided. The hunks were not "beating up the Joes because they're such bullies!!!" They were actually playing a game set up by the show.

People are making such a humongous deal over this, and I can't really understand why. :

Getting hit by a dodgeball hurts when thrown as hard as possible by a very strong man. Trust me on that. Take a look at the physiques of the Average Joes compared to the studs. With the exception of Fredo possibly Im sure the hunks can throw those balls with much more velocity then the Average Joes. Most people arent blaming the Hunks for showing aggression there(why shouldnt they try to win)they are upset with the producers for coming up with that nonsense challenge which obviously was stacked in the hunks favor and made the Average Joes looks pathectic. A group of very attractive men with normal builds would have gotten smoked there too. The sole purpose of the dodgeball(form the producers angle) was to hopefully humiliate the Joe's in my opinion. That bothers some people.
    Last edited by Brannigan73; 01-28-2004 at 11:38 AM.

Originally Posted by mariagoner
    Don't knock it till you try it.
    Oh I have tried it, I just wouldn't do something like this on national television with a guy I just met. Let alone the fact that he was so arrogant before. But hey a girls got to have her standards. True Larissa didn't see any of the guys actions before making out with them, but she sure wasnt holding much back and trying to get to know them like she did the Joes.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan73
    Getting hit by a dodgeball hurts when thrown as hard as possible by a very strong man. Trust me on that. Take a look at the physiques of the Average Joes compared to the studs. With the exception of Fredo possibly Im sure the hunks can throw those balls with much more velocity then the Average Joes. Most people arent blaming the Hunks for showing aggression there(why shouldnt they try to win)they are upset with the producers for coming up with that nonsense challenge which obviously was stacked in the hunks favor and made the Average Joes looks pathectic. A group of very attractive men with normal builds would have gotten smoked there too. The sole purpose of the dodgeball(form the producers angle) was to hopefully humiliate the Joe's in my opinion. That bothers some people.
    Well said!

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Damn, JR! What are you doing posting HERE!? With that pitching arm of yours, you should be in the Superbowl!!!

(If you are in the Superbowl, wink at the camera so we know it's YOU!)
    I wish, but accuracy was my problem. I wasn't trying to hit him in the head, it just got away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by talenadawn
    The AJ's as a group should walk off the show with the statement....No woman is worth losing your self respect over.
    Quite the opposite. I think they're going to approach this with a renewed vigour because they wouldn't be able to stomach the possibility of losing to the hunks they look down on.

It's a double-edged sword at this point: if they walk, they lose; if they stay, they lose.

I'm just glad it's not me. While I enjoy watching others do so, I would never place myself in a position to be abjectly humiliated. Especially by fellow nerds in a trailer editing the tape for effect.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn
    Especially by fellow nerds in a trailer editing the tape for effect.
    Never thought of it that way, but I guess it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn
    Especially by fellow nerds in a trailer editing the tape for effect.
    Well not usually in a trailer but how about in a windowless Avid bay in the middle of the night.

The editors I know are mostly cool, really smart, might be geeks but not nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    let me just say this because everything else has already been mentioned:

I lost respect for Larissa
    I lost respect for the Joes
    I lost respect for the Hunks
    I lost respect for NBC.

+ Reply to Thread