+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 01/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

Yeah, I had totally forgotten about that scene. It looked to me like he was just swirling his champagne. I think that's a good thing with wine or brandy, but I personally wouldn't swirl champagne. He didn't look 'shaky' to me.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Yeah, I had totally forgotten about that scene. It looked to me like he was just swirling his champagne. I think that's a good thing with wine or brandy, but I personally wouldn't swirl champagne. He didn't look 'shaky' to me.
    Not shaky, but definitely a sign of being uncomfortable or nervous. I think Mike nailed it on the head with Brian, but he just got Brian's actions wrong. I'm not liking Boston Brian much. He's too aggressive. The "nobody is going to come in here and pick on my buddy's" speech was a little too much. I was yelling "Sit down" at the television last night. I was embarassed for him.

This episode ranks up in the "most painful episode to watch" in reality TV history.
    This is becoming Paradise hotel. High school references, bullying, old kids and new kids

I predict that next episode, the producers will *try* to redeem themselves, and they'll rig the show to make an AJ win a date with Larissa.(I was that some of the hunks didn't even know her name! Come on!)

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Here's something to ponder: when the AJ's were boxing, Larissa got so turned off by thier warrior like attitudes. Yet, the hunks trounce the AJ's and she thinks it's cute. Double standard? I'd say so.
    I agree 100% with this. I don't know if she said it was "cute", but she didn't seem that upset about it.
    Double standards, alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    This episode ranks up in the "most painful episode to watch" in reality TV history.
    This is becoming Paradise hotel. High school references, bullying, old kids and new kids

I predict that next episode, the producers will *try* to redeem themselves, and they'll rig the show to make an AJ win a date with Larissa.(I was that some of the hunks didn't even know her name! Come on!)

I agree 100% with this. I don't know if she said it was "cute", but she didn't seem that upset about it.
    Double standards, alright.
    I don't know jack about boxing except what I see. However, if I were given a choice between having someone hit me with their gloved hands two feet from my face OR having someone lob a ball at me from across a gym at my torso, I'd chose the latter. The Red Haired Marine was beating down on the Joe's neck and face; the Joe's last night got hit in the leg, thigh or butt.

That seems to be a very big difference regarding brutality and how it's viewed by Larissa.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Jay
    Re. the high school theme, one thing missing was the himbos stuffing one of the average guys into a locker and stealing his lunch money.

A sad episode indeed.

Lousy show - lousy premise - poor execution. I watched part of it and had to turn the channel. I feel sorry for the girl. I doubt that anyone really wants her, they are just competing with each other. Disgusting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Lousy show - lousy premise - poor execution. I watched part of it and had to turn the channel. I feel sorry for the girl. I doubt that anyone really wants her, they are just competing with each other. Disgusting!!!
    That reminds me. Larissa said last night she's never dated anyone as good looking as the hunks. I'm thinking WTF?! You're a swimsuit model and a pageant queen and you've never dated anyone like THAT before?

I'd believe that FunnyGirl, maybe she likes men of substance
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Its the obvious fun the shows producers are having at everyone's expense that bugs me..No matter who Larrissa picks she can't win...(she will be either shallow or opportunistic...) Sure it will be one Joe versus one hunk in the end....the producers have probably ensured that....but everyone including the last two guys standing will have been ridiculed made fun of belittled by some petty TV producers and for what...except for Adam..no one was able to slavage much from there some what side tracked careers from that show...and Adam got that by returning to the very shameful battlefield that he was on before...the rest are going to put this very low on there resumes and or probably not tell the grandkids about this...

Having said that..I have seen a couple of Joes and maybe so far two hunks...rise above the fray with a certain personal dignity and sense of universal fair play that is hard to find on a show that wasted a perfectly good watermelon in the first few seconds. A metaphor for the mess that followed.

But dodge ball...the producers need a visit from the ghost of Mark Burnett about 30 years from now...for the lack of common sense they had in choosing that for a "challange"

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
    Fact. Much of the editing and storytelling of AJ2 is Brilliant. However, I think the producers missed the boat. And I'm not talking boats filled with shirtless men (they certainly got that!). I'm talking the boat filled with American viewers.

The reason AJ1 was one of the greatest reality shows on TV was because viewers could relate to the Average Joes. These new guys give the Tri-Lambs a run for their money. All we can do is feel sorry for them; none of them have a chance.

I can't wait for AJ3. Adam can't return to soon!
    I agree...AJ1 was better at keeping the suspense. How many of us thought Adam was going to win right up until the moment Melana asked Jason to fly away with her? I personally did not enjoy even one moment of believing that an AJ was going to win in Hawaii.

I still dont think an AJ will win Larissa's heart -- and yet I still watch -- I must talk to my therapist about this....

Kaicee
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread