+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 01/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

FORT Newbie

There's nothing average about these Joes

Fact. Much of the editing and storytelling of AJ2 is Brilliant. However, I think the producers missed the boat. And I'm not talking boats filled with shirtless men (they certainly got that!). I'm talking the boat filled with American viewers.

The reason AJ1 was one of the greatest reality shows on TV was because viewers could relate to the Average Joes. These new guys give the Tri-Lambs a run for their money. All we can do is feel sorry for them; none of them have a chance.

I can't wait for AJ3. Adam can't return to soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica
    I wish everyone would lighten up about the show. This show is one of the funniest shows ever! I think too many of you are expecting to watch another version of the Bachelorette...THIS IS NOT THAT SHOW!

Average Joe is a comedy. It's brilliant. The movie references. There is more wit and humor in one act than in most sitcoms. People are bashing NBC and they should be praising them. All of the guys from season 1 are doing great. They love being noticed and being rooted for. The same is with the guys from Hawaii. Stop feeling sorry for them. They don't feel sorry for themselves.

Just sit back and enjoy the show. It's entertainment. It's OK to laugh.

hiya FG how ya been keeping?

I don't know about this batch of men. The Joes are the biggest (and best/worst) underdogs I have ever seen. I feel sorry for them. They are big boys and able to hold their own but after last night's show I am just disgusted.
    High school is it's own special hell and most of us can't wait to be rid of it.
    For others its the only glory moment in their feckless lives.
    And then there are the 'hunks'.
    I thought it was just plain cruel to thrust the Joes back to, most likely, the worst time of their lives. They were already off kilter with the arrival of the hunks, not to mention the mean little games each side was playing, but that wasn't far enough. Nooooo They had to climb aboard that yellow bus and descend back into hell.
    PE?? Dodge ball?? I bet some grown men still have nightmares about that stuff.

Yes Larissa needed 'dates' to get to know the new guys - we knew it was coming. I don't see anyone (save 2 people) on this board that enjoyed watching the humiliation of the Joes last night. It was gratuitous. There were other competitions that could have been set up to give the Joes a fighting chance or .. hell.. just GIVE the hunks the damned date ABC wanted them to have so badly.
    a big ole :rolleyes to this show.
    Unfortunately I will be back next week because I am an addict and I want to see which guys she bounces.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fan

Thoughts on the show

Some thoughts on last night's show -- The dodgeball game was ridiculous. What did the editors THINK was going to happen? Oh yeah, what actually did happen. Michael referring to Larissa as a "beaver" -- you have got to be kidding. He's a real winner -- NOT. The whole premise of this show is lame -- Larissa could so easily have her choice of men. Aren't the odds going to be that she selects a guy whom she thinks has a good personality AND is attractive with a nice body?

Some people might claim that this show pits looks versus personality but one can hardly say across the board that all the "hunks" have unappealing personalities and all the "Joes" have great personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Unfortunately I will be back next week because I am an addict and I want to see which guys she bounces.
    I hear ya. It's like PH all over again and bringing back the originals. I am forever a hopeless supporter of the infamous underdog, but that is not why I like this batch of AJs. I like them because they aren't delusional in thinking that they have any more to offer than what you see and are okay with that. For the exception of David Daskal (by the way, when the hell was he voted in as the Mary Poppins of the house?) and Boston Brian, I would like to see them all prevail this initial round of eliminations following the arrival of the "hunks".

FORT Fan
    Does anyone else think that having two shows in a row without having an elimination is stretching things out too far? I could see one show, but two shows seems too much.

Thats true Lynne, neither side is all winners or all losers. That Michael K would be first on my list for drowning LOL
    I think Theo is definitely gone next week - no one likes a tattle tale. Even if he was telling the truth.
    It looks like we might be spared Larissa in a fat suit, I do hope she gets to see some video footage of both sets of men in different group dynamics so she can get a glimpse of what they are like with other men.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    Does anyone else think that having two shows in a row without having an elimination is stretching things out too far? I could see one show, but two shows seems too much.
    Yes, far too long. If I wanted to be tortured over a long period I'd have my MIL move in

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Yes, far too long. If I wanted to be tortured over a long period I'd have my MIL move in
    Lol. My husband's MIL moved in six weeks ago. I should ask him which he dislikes more -- having his MIL llive here, or reality dating shows.

LOL Lynne! don't ask, you might not like the answer

I just wanted to comment on last night's horrifying episode, when Arrogant Mike said that he saw Boston Brian's hand shaking while the "hunks" were introduced... I thought, when they flashed back to the night, all I saw was Brian purposely shaking (in a smooth rhythic motion, btw) his glass of champagne... totally wrong!!!

And congrats to the AJs for beating them in the IQ test... as if that wouldn't happen!!

The whole episode (and "hunks) was

(but I'm falling hard for Brian W. now.. I looooove his accent)
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

+ Reply to Thread