Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 01/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

let me just say this because everything else has already been mentioned:

I lost respect for Larissa
    I lost respect for the Joes
    I lost respect for the Hunks

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf

Everyone, even the Joes, could see the set up a mile a way. It was pretty pathetic of NBC to do that. I felt really bad for the Avg Joes, especially Sean.
    Okay, this is sort of interesting. Yesterday on Oprah (don't laugh...I watch it) she did a whole show about high school bullies and the damage they do to the less popular kids. Fast forward to Average Joe...same network...and they "entertain us" with bullies attacking the underdogs.

Maybe we can get the Average Joe's a spot on Oprah I think they are going to need help after they see themselves on Average Joe Hawaii.

Kaicee
    Last edited by KaiCee; 01-27-2004 at 12:04 PM.

This episode makes me want to see Average joe: Adams revenge so bad, he will hopfully bring sanity to the show and not just go down the throats of the chicks the second they show up

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    This episode makes me want to see Average joe: Adams revenge so bad, he will hopfully bring sanity to the show and not just go down the throats of the chicks the second they show up
    I thought the same thing...this AJ set up really won't work with the image that the viewers have of Adam. There is no way he can stand by while NBC mocks 8 or more average women. My guess is that he is enjoying his fame as a sensitive Average guy...and he won't let NBC change that. Afterall, it's not like he needs the money I hope he slams NBC for making Reality TV into Cruelty TV.

Kaicee

FORT Newbie
    Does anyone know if Tony is a Bartender in Boston? And if so, where? Thanks for the help.

Lighten UP!!!

I wish everyone would lighten up about the show. This show is one of the funniest shows ever! I think too many of you are expecting to watch another version of the Bachelorette...THIS IS NOT THAT SHOW!

Average Joe is a comedy. It's brilliant. The movie references. There is more wit and humor in one act than in most sitcoms. People are bashing NBC and they should be praising them. All of the guys from season 1 are doing great. They love being noticed and being rooted for. The same is with the guys from Hawaii. Stop feeling sorry for them. They don't feel sorry for themselves.

Just sit back and enjoy the show. It's entertainment. It's OK to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica
    I wish everyone would lighten up about the show. This show is one of the funniest shows ever! I think too many of you are expecting to watch another version of the Bachelorette...THIS IS NOT THAT SHOW!

Average Joe is a comedy. It's brilliant. The movie references. There is more wit and humor in one act than in most sitcoms. People are bashing NBC and they should be praising them. All of the guys from season 1 are doing great. They love being noticed and being rooted for. The same is with the guys from Hawaii. Stop feeling sorry for them. They don't feel sorry for themselves.

I don't know...part of the entertainment of this show is being able to root for the underdog, identify with the AJ's -- I don't find it funny at all. But you are right...this is entertainment. I will be watching it to the last episode....Just what the network wants.

Maybe, for some...it's okay to cry too?

Kaicee
    Last edited by KaiCee; 01-27-2004 at 01:46 PM.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Wendiness
    So who among the remaining AJ's is the millionaire?
    I dont think there is a 'millionaire' among the Joe's. Sean is a well known chef in PA, and I think thats about as close as we are going to get to rich and/or famous.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I dont think there is a 'millionaire' among the Joe's. Sean is a well known chef in PA, and I think thats about as close as we are going to get to rich and/or famous.
    My good friend Dux, how are ya? You forgot about the possibility of an heir to a multi-billion dollar .com bidness.

Actually, I think these Joe's are more face value...I like that about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica

I don't understand why it's so popular to feel sorry for the Average Joe's being made fun of, yet, if you read what posters say about Randi on BIG/FAT, there's very little empathy for her and her feelings of being made the butt of Steve's behavior.

Is it just the fact of numbers: that seeing 8 men against 8 men is crueler than a one on one like BIG/FAT?

I didn't feel sorry for anyone yesterday; in fact I thought the editing of the challenges was hilarious! It IS just a TV show and of course there's supposed to be an Underdog, only with AJ2, we have 8 Underdogs. Just because they're 'average' doesn't mean they're special; they can be just as ass-y and mean and petty as the Hunks. Remember Zach? He was an AJ and had no problem trash talking:about Melana, fat Melana or the other Joes.

NBC is intentionally editing this (with clever background music) to send up waves of pity. Not everyone who was popular in high school was mean or hurtful and not everyone in high school who was a geek was kind and sweet. I hung around, was involved in, the popular crowd of school and we were more interested in solving the world's problems through GreenPeace and Food Drives than mocking people. Even among Geeks there is a Pecking order and outcasts; it's not a Utopian World amongst the Nerds, either.

I'm going to laugh all the way to the end: at Sean, at Todd, at Larissa and any other twist they put in the wind.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread