+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 01/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

Well after reading this thread I'm glad the ice storm knocked my cable out and I missed it!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey
    yes waywyrd.... I wish we had some sort of freak-hour long ice storm.....

What a crappy show. A waste of an hour. :mad:

By the way, Jerry's (Jacky O. himself) last name is "Sneary" The only good laugh I had all night.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by KatieKat
    I like Thom. He has a "Kevin Spacey" vibe...
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that!

Is it just me or is she initiating and relishing tonguing these Hunks with all the fevor of a starving woman and only giving the Joes quick, barely-making-contact pecks?

Hmmm....

These joes are going to be picked off like plastic ducks in a shooting gallery!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    i don't know he seems pretty delusional to me, he actually thinks he has a chance with her, they made a "connection"
    She BARELY made a kissing connection with him! Plus she had the look of stifled disgust on her face when she was with him on their date.

And does anyone HONESTLY think that she was paying any attention to him when he was swimming? I think not!

I think she just zeroed in on Tony because, although he looks rather unusual, he has the better body with a saving grace that they share an artistic common interest.

FORT Newbie
    I'm surprised no one commented on the Chewbacca like noises they were playing when the Joes got hit during dodgeball. It actually made me yell "For godsake!" to myself out loud.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    I don't know how much of it was editing - but the Hunks came in with an attitude - it came across to the AJ's. Of course they would get defensive. I really was turned off by the Hunks general rudeness. Who insults someone's accent? Not any adult I know...it's just plain bad behavior. The AJ's got defensive and some of them didn't respond well, but who can blame them? They knew at that point that the entire viewing public was going to see them as "chumps" (I think that's the word Fredo used).

There is no way Larissa is going to pick an AJ -- she lights up when she sees the "skins" physique. By the way...the whole dodge ball bit was so sad. Stick the AJ's with a bunch of hunks...wait, maybe we forgot they were hunks...let's require the hunks to go shirtless -- now let's play ball. Yeah, right...that's a fair game. It reminded me of a Civil War Zone - the AJ's were just pummelled. I felt so bad for Sean - of course NBC had to do the slow motion thing when the AJ's missed a ball or got hit by one.

Kaicee

I couldnt agree more. Anybody who thinks they would have been able to rise above the arrogance and smugness emanating from those hunks well you are a much better person then most. Brian Worth didnt just go off on Michael K he came over first and started blabbing about how the average joe's are in trouble. I would have started tooling on that arrogant bugger too and so would have just about every male I know. The way this show has turned is really sick.
    Last edited by Brannigan73; 01-27-2004 at 11:02 AM.

canadian beaver

Hey, the Canadian beaver is a resourceful and noble animal...

=)

Ok, so the episode was pretty nasty against the Average Joes
    doing the whole High School thing again. But I think it was set up on
    purpose to let Larissa (and us) get to know the hunks anyway.
    Until next week when she has to start eliminating again...

What I thought was the funniest was the editing in dodgeball
    to be right out of the movie Platoon or Apocalypse Now.
    You could hear the slow rising music and the slow motion as
    they were mowed down in a hail of bullets... that was a riot.

I thought it was quite entertaining when Larissa was acting as the "hot" teacher. Sign me up for an IQ test please.

BTW, this is a TV show after all, it doesn't have to be fair, just entertaining.
    Remember Paradise Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Is it just me or is she initiating and relishing tonguing these Hunks with all the fevor of a starving woman and only giving the Joes quick, barely-making-contact pecks?

Hmmm....

These joes are going to be picked off like plastic ducks in a shooting gallery!
    The only Joe she's really kissed is Tony.

+ Reply to Thread