+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 01/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

Quote Originally Posted by hanksmyman
    The whole premise of the show is bogus. High school revisited? How can any of them not realize that was a total set-up??

The name of the game at this point seems to be "Above Average Humiliation". The Joes suffer it coming from two directions...from the Phunks on the show, and from NBC in the editing...only they won't realize that until later...when they're still reeling from the whole experience, they get to view the finished product..

Everyone, even the Joes, could see the set up a mile a way. It was pretty pathetic of NBC to do that. I felt really bad for the Avg Joes, especially Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    We witnessed a massacre.
    Yeah, and did you notice how the music they played during the slow motion dodge ball was basically the same sounding music they played in the Vietnam movie "Platoon". They really wanted to drive home the point that the AJ's were getting ambushed and annialated. Pretty sad moment in TV History if you ask me. :mad:

I just realised going back over the thread that I have been calling Larissa Melena all night. Sorry guys I was having a blonde moment.

I'm rooting for the hunks now, especially Mike Klein cuz I can relate with him most. The AJs were so insecure, so nasty and bitter. They drew first blood as far as I could tell during that nasty exchange the first night. Totally not sexy.

It was so cheesy to fix the IQ test results and dramatize the dodgeball game like that.

Theo K. is a total nutcase. Reminds me of Alex from AJ1.

**Spoilers until 2am**

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I like Boston dude!

I like him too

finally! someone who agrees with me the aj's are insecure lol.

my prediction as to why theo cries:

not because of fredo, i think micheal klein and co. find out what he said to larissa and attack him. especially when he makes the comment, "the other guys are fake" i think the two hunk michaels are kinda fake, i guess i will have to wait and see.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    I'm here in California and it just ended....

What a train wreck of a show. I didn't laugh like I usually did. I was embarassed for both sets of guys.

Gross-out of the night...Larissa swapping spit/fruit with Michael K. in the hot tub.

Low-light...Michael C using the b****r word. The man is pond scum!

I still think Todd uses the same hair gel as Cameron Diaz did in There's Something About Mary.

Interested to watch the TODAY show tomorrow....
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Self Respect

The AJ's as a group should walk off the show with the statement....No woman is worth losing your self respect over.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LavenderAC
    Well, if you were one of the average joes out there, I am very sure you would be pissed too. It was very unfair to them, you can't deny that. Beside, Michael did started by saying the joes are in trouble because of their presence. Obviously, average joes aren't going to take that well. The joes were just being defensive, and the hunks were being arrogant, especially the Michael guy.

"You think you are above me?", "yes"....
    I don't know how much of it was editing - but the Hunks came in with an attitude - it came across to the AJ's. Of course they would get defensive. I really was turned off by the Hunks general rudeness. Who insults someone's accent? Not any adult I know...it's just plain bad behavior. The AJ's got defensive and some of them didn't respond well, but who can blame them? They knew at that point that the entire viewing public was going to see them as "chumps" (I think that's the word Fredo used).

There is no way Larissa is going to pick an AJ -- she lights up when she sees the "skins" physique. By the way...the whole dodge ball bit was so sad. Stick the AJ's with a bunch of hunks...wait, maybe we forgot they were hunks...let's require the hunks to go shirtless -- now let's play ball. Yeah, right...that's a fair game. It reminded me of a Civil War Zone - the AJ's were just pummelled. I felt so bad for Sean - of course NBC had to do the slow motion thing when the AJ's missed a ball or got hit by one.

Kaicee

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    We witnessed a massacre.
    FYI to NBC...many states are banning dodgeball in schools. It's just a cruel game...even with one ball. Sheesh...

Fair playing field!! :mad: ...Yeah, Larissa...and if you think that - I have some swampland in FL to sell ya.

+ Reply to Thread