+ Reply to Thread

Thread: News Article on Adam and Speculation

News Article on Adam and Speculation

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|85717|1|,00.html

Another article on Adam's New Show

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - In the world of dating shows, Adam Mesh is the new Bob Guiney.
    Mesh, the likable New Yorker who was left behind at the end of the first "Average Joe," when ex-beauty queen Melana Scantlin chose hot-guy ringer Jason Peoples instead, is getting another shot at televised romance.

NBC will put Mesh at the center of his own series, "Average Joe: Adam Returns," beginning Monday, March 15. Its premiere will follow quickly on the heels of the "Average Joe: Hawaii" finale.

After the first "Average Joe" concluded, NBC was "inundated" with calls and e-mails from people who were rooting for Mesh, the network's entertainment chief, Jeff Zucker, told TV critics Wednesday (Jan. 14). Based on that response, NBC and "Average Joe" exec producers Stuart Krasnow and Andrew Glassman decided to create a four-part dating show with Mesh at its center.
    ABC did something similar last year with "Bachelorette" dumpee Bob Guiney, who became "The Bachelor" in the fall.

The network isn't saying much else about "Adam Returns"; Zucker did allow that the women vying for Adam's attention on the show will be both "gorgeous" and "not gorgeous."

Zucker also thinks a gender-reversed version of "Average Joe" -- "Plain Jane," perhaps? -- could work. "There's a tremendous amount of heart in these shows," he says. "They're not making fun of anyone ... so I think it could work the other way." He also says NBC is talking with Krasnow and Glassman about doing "another cycle that will turn the game."

And what do you know. They might make an Average Jane after all!

Quote Originally Posted by mariagoner
    The network isn't saying much else about "Adam Returns"; Zucker did allow that the women vying for Adam's attention on the show will be both "gorgeous" and "not gorgeous."
    Thanks Maria. That one part cleared up a ton for me.

America's Next Sassypants velveteenidol's Avatar
    My fave line in the article:

Zucker also thinks a gender-reversed version of "Average Joe" -- "Plain Jane," perhaps? -- could work. "There's a tremendous amount of heart in these shows," he says. "They're not making fun of anyone ... so I think it could work the other way."

Are you sure about that, Mr. Zucker? Bc we here at FORT will do that part for you!!!

I'm sorry, but I agree with a lot of the sentiment that a "Plain Jane" show is just going to go down in flames.

But Adam got a girlfriend after Average Joe finished up. what's he going to do? Dump his girlfriend for this?

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    But Adam got a girlfriend after Average Joe finished up. what's he going to do? Dump his girlfriend for this?
    Apparently, he must have dumped her for this special television oppurtunity, since every other news report insisted that the two were happy-- in a pointed contrast to Melena and Jason.

Huh. He's not really looking like much of a prize to me at this point... Maybe Melena was smarter than we realized...

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse_85
    Thanks Maria. That one part cleared up a ton for me.
    You're welcome!

this is really gonna be interesting to see what he looks for in a woman. if he gets rid of all the average janes and just keeps the good looking woman around, i wonder what america will say then. and if they still defend him, i will be mad because everyone came down on melana when he could be doing the same exact thing.

The producers will probably advised him to keep some of the average janes around - if they advised Melena.

It's kind of ironic because given this new show and the first, Adam actually has more air-time probably than Melena (assuming he'll do a round of interviews after this upcoming show like Melena did after AJ1), and definitely more than Jason - the aspiring actor.

Quote Originally Posted by mariagoner
    Apparently, he must have dumped her for this special television oppurtunity, since every other news report insisted that the two were happy-- in a pointed contrast to Melena and Jason.

Huh. He's not really looking like much of a prize to me at this point... Maybe Melena was smarter than we realized...
    Give the man a break; the fact that he "got a girlfriend" did not mean he was engaged to be married or anything. Could be it wasn't working anyway when he was approached for ths.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread