+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Average' Adam Scores

'Average' Adam Scores

NY POST
    January 15, 2004 -- 'AVERAGE Joe" nice guy Adam Mesh won't finish last after all.
    Mesh, the good-natured finalist on the first edition of NBC's "Average Joe" who had his heart broken by former NFL cheerleader, Melana Scantlin, has been given his own show.

"They got tens of thousands of e-mails from girls after I went on the show. I said it sounds like fun and a good opportunity," Mesh told The Post yesterday.

"Average Joe: Adam Returns" will debut March 15. It will be the third edition of the popular reality show in which a group of "average" everyday people compete for the love of a beauty queen or in this case, a big-hearted securities trader from New York City.

"It will be strange for me to be on the other end of the picking. It's more responsibility to be the one picking because it's 20 peoples' feelings you have to worry about," he said.

Producers hired a score of experts to wade through the thousands of submissions and weed out the best candidates.

The show is the latest twist in the ongoing reality/dating show genre and mimics ABC's handling of its dating show "The Bachelor" in which a rejected finalist from the first season, Trista Rehn, returned with her own series "The Bachelorette" a few months later.

About 20 million viewers watched the finale of "Average Joe" last fall when Scantlin, a 26-year-old former Kansas City Chiefs cheerleader, chose a hunky bartender/student over Mesh.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/15751.htm

Now THIS is a good idea.

I just hope this doesn't bring in the gold diggers though.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

So will this be the "Average Jane" type of show we all want to see, or does Adam get 20 beauty queens?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    It sounds like average jane from this quote:

It will be the third edition of the popular reality show in which a group of "average" everyday people compete for the love of a beauty queen or in this case, a big-hearted securities trader from New York City.

Very good question, Qboots.

The show's still called "Average Joe"...
    The thing is, in the article, they say that they received tons of e-mail and requests, maybe they will do a more bachelor type thing, like with Bob.
    Then, it wouldn't be average jane, for sure.

Or Average Joe Millionaire, The girls don't know he's a millionaire, they also don't know that he's 'average' looking until they mme hims. So they bring these BAchelor babe wannabee's in and show us their reaction to having to compete for such a non mainstream type.

I just don't see them bringing in 'average' women at all.

Anyway, thought he was dating someone, what happened to that?

Producers hired a score of experts to wade through the thousands of submissions and weed out the best candidates.

"score of experts"..?! Uhhh yeah..right.
    Wonder what college you have to go to to get that degree?

"Yeah..I graduated from Yale..after six years, I finally got my AWD".
    (application weeder degree)
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "It will be the third edition of the popular reality show in which a group of "average" everyday people compete for the love of a beauty queen or in this case, a big-hearted securities trader from New York City."

Peeeople?! Does this mean that this will be the FIRST Bi-sexual Average Joe????

Fat chance, (pun intended) that there will be any body on Adam's show that's over a Size 10.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

HA! I totally agree lambikins! No women that'll be as big as Melana in the fat suit.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    But wouldn't it be great if there were? I'd love to get in on that bit of Adam's psyche and see how he would react. and if he had learned enough from his own experience to be really open minded.

I can dream, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast