+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Combat Skill Matter?

Does Combat Skill Matter?

We're seeing this theme pop up in AJ2 -- the boxing between the AJs, and the preview of the dodgeball game between the AJs and Hunks where presumably the Hunks (cuz it was probably scripted) are portrayed as really bullying around the AJs. Classic Jocks vs. Nerds ya know.

In the animal kingdom, there are plenty of species where males physically compete for a potential mate (bears will stand up and wrestle, rams butt heads, etc). Human females sometimes do instinctively desire partners who can physically protect them and their offspring.

With that said, in your opinions, how much significance does being able to kick ass have? If an AJ totally annihilated a hunk in a boxing match or KO'd him with a face shot in dodgeball, do you think Larissa's respective opinions of each guy would be affected?

Tim kicked ass in boxing, and she seemed to be turned off by it. So yeah, I think her opinion is negatively affected.

Well, the Hunks apprently get very zealous in the upcoming dodgeball game, obviously trying to exert their physical dominance over the geeks.

Maybe Larissa will hold them to the same standard?

I think that the number of hunks as well as the fact that they appear to be much more aggressive compared to the AJ1 Hunk Group, will count against the Hunks with Larissa's eyes. She really did not like Tim's beating Tony in boxing. If she is present when dodgeball takes place, I would think the AJs would score some points with her.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Fogey
    I think Larissa will be lost in how "strong, manly and protective" these "hunks" are. Her opinion will change soon enough.

I had a glimmer of hope in Larissa last night, that she will be able to see beyond the physical.
    She clearly "connected" with Tony through their mutual love of art.

Tim was OTT in the boxing imo.
    He though in a couple of low blows which Larissa obviously noticed, so I'm hoping that when the jocks pull the obvious tough act she will be equally turned off.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    so I'm hoping that when the jocks pull the obvious tough act she will be equally turned off.

I'm guessing that Larissa will get blinded by the abs of the 'hunks' and the AJ's will be history.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal One
    Human females sometimes do instinctively desire partners who can physically protect them and their offspring.
    To me such a display of masculinity/anger is repelling rather than attractive. I can see why Larissa got rid of the violent guy. Fighting is not something most women enjoy seeing, so I wonder what the producers motivation was to make this part of the show. It obvioulsy resulted in a turn off. I'm guessing the producers are men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindirella
    To me such a display of masculinity/anger is repelling rather than attractive. I can see why Larissa got rid of the violent guy. Fighting is not something most women enjoy seeing, so I wonder what the producers motivation was to make this part of the show. It obvioulsy resulted in a turn off. I'm guessing the producers are men.
    I agree. I think this portion is going to be something we will be using later to call Larissa shallow. She will obviously change her mind when the hunks overpower the AJs in some other event like this one (somebody mentions dodge-ball).

Like Melana, I believe that Larissa will be completely turned off by the violence she witnesses, although I can't envision just why they'd have this paint fight if she wasn't supposed to see it. What would be the point.

Melana heave-hoed the Joe that was exhibited violent behavior, and I think the UnderDog Syndrome will surface if she sees a man being picked on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast