+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Combat Skill Matter?

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Melana heave-hoed the Joe that was exhibited violent behavior, and I think the UnderDog Syndrome will surface if she sees a man being picked on.
    Only if it's a good excuse to get rid of somebody. I'm not buying the sweet girl act. They show her getting down to business with 5 of the 8 hunks in the previews. That showed me enough.

Wait a sec...they were boxing for crying out loud! They weren't having tea and crumpets. What were they supposed to do? Dance around the ring and not punch each other? I'm no boxing expert, but the shots Tim took were not that bad. We can thank the clever camera work and tricky slow motion photography for making Tim's "behind the head, but barely touched him" shot look far more worse than it was.

My other thought is that I think she felt self pity for these guys. If the hunks were doing the same thing, she probably wouldn't have batted an eye. Why? Because in her eyes, they are stronger and they are conditioned to be tougher. I DON'T think she'll hold the hunks to the same standard when they play dodgeball. We've already seen one of the Joes get clobbered by a barrage of balls in the previews. I really, really hope I am wrong on this one...but I'm still having a hard time believing Larissa has one inkling of physical attraction towards the Joes.

Sorry for being negative...just wanted to put my spin on things.

[QUOTE=speedbump]Wait a sec...they were boxing for crying out loud! They weren't having tea and crumpets. What were they supposed to do? Dance around the ring and not punch each other? I'm no boxing expert, but the shots Tim took were not that bad. We can thank the clever camera work and tricky slow motion photography for making Tim's "behind the head, but barely touched him" shot look far more worse than it was.
    I agree; boxing is a violent sport and I would not expect the guys to just stand there and tap gloves. It's not as if Tim put a real beating on another guy; if that had happened I could see Larissa's gripe. In my opinion she should have told the producers "no way" to this if she thought it was so horrible!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Rab
    I guess Tim was just trying too hard to impress her with his "amazing" boxing abilities. At least she got rid of him I never really liked Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    I guess Tim was just trying too hard to impress her with his "amazing" boxing abilities. At least she got rid of him I never really liked Tim.
    And the Hunks will try very hard to humiliate and impose their physical dominance over AJs just to impress Larissa... it's the same mentality. But as mentioned above, the producers will not portray it that way nor will Larissa hold the Hunks to the same standard because they're buff.

Nerds acting tough simply look like petty squabblers. Buff guys acting tough is within normal expectations I guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12