+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nerds Vs Hunks.

Nerds Vs Hunks.

In the long term, nerds are usually more successful than hunks, at least financially. The coming boatload of hunks probably have the combined IQ of a halfwit.

Simple logic dictates that when a man spends countless hours at the gym to develop a rip stomach, he would not have time to develop his education or his career.

At my high school reunion, the jocks and hunks often ends up being failed pro athletes, construction workers and garbage collectors. The nerds and geeks often end up being lawyers, doctors and CEO's.

It is no accident that the richest man in the world (currently Bill Gates) is usually a geek. It was not surprising that Average Adam is a successful stock trader whereas Hunk Jason is a waiter who lives in his parents' basement.
    Last edited by Bill747; 01-13-2004 at 01:48 AM.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

I disagree, a lot of people can be succesful just by being ridicously good looking. Granted they don't make as much money as Bill Gates, but who would you rather be, Bill gates, or Brad Pitt?

Definitely Bill Gates!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I have a PhD... and I'm buff. It helps to have a gym at your work location I must admit.

I'll take Brad Pitt. He's got money, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    In the long term, nerds are usually more successful than hunks, at least financially. The coming boatload of hunks probably have the combined IQ of a halfwit.
    I think you're sterotyping just a tad bit.

First off, exactly who are you defining as a hunk? Maybe men that only spend their days at the gym really are twits. But there are naturally good looking men (and women!) who are intelligent, cunning, wise, etc.

Simply put, intelligence is not correlated in any way with physical appearence. There are people who are intelligent and beautiful, idiotic and ugly, and every combination you can possibly think of.

Also, do you know what would be really fascinating? If they actually did bring in some hunky fellows that actually had great jobs, but awful personalities. And made a woman choose between those guys, and average Joes with normal jobs but interesting personalities and sharp minds.

Would she end up choosing money and beauty, or personal appeal?

My money would go on Money and beauty. From what the preview's show, at least one of the hunks has a terrible personality. Maybe your wish will come true and he'll have a decent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock
    My money would go on Money and beauty. From what the preview's show, at least one of the hunks has a terrible personality. Maybe your wish will come true and he'll have a decent job.
    My money too. God damn we're so shallow!

But anyway, did anyone catch that hot blond hunk that said that hilarious line about the hunks being like a torpedo about to blow up the paradise of the Joes? So at the very least he's got a smouldering body and a sense of humour!

Quote Originally Posted by mariagoner
    My money too. God damn we're so shallow!

But anyway, did anyone catch that hot blond hunk that said that hilarious line about the hunks being like a torpedo about to blow up the paradise of the Joes? So at the very least he's got a smouldering body and a sense of humour!
    Yeah, and I hope Fredo kicks his ass. If he's the one in the confrontation on the previews.

I'm not shallow at all, I'm just a realist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast