+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nerds Vs Hunks.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Huh?

Why don't we just say that all stereotypes are wrong and leave it at that?

Bill Gates is where he is because he had the right vision, the right product, at the right time, and connected with the right people. It has absolutely nothing to do with his looks.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I'm with you

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I'd rather have a Fredo than a nerd or a buffboy. He's not a geek , somewhere in between . He's actually more of an average Joe than the really OTT castmembers.
    Fredo's got my vote....there's just something about him that tells me he's more than a pony tail (I like) hairy chest (big fan of that too) and his "edgy" charm. Might seem "rough" on TV but I think he's the one Larissa should pick. After I read about him on his website, hell, I wish I could date him....a winner. Everyone want to give their final choice for her (barring any innuendo or rumor or facts) ....let me know. I'm just tickled they put this stuff of TV. Beats old re-runs.......

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Other than personality, brains, and a career, I would like someone who didn't have so much emotional baggage re:himself or his past.
    I'm just now reading this thread, but I couldn't agree with you more, eldee! Usually, what really turns me off about any of these people on any dating show is how uncomfortably candid they are about pain from past relationships. You know, if you're of a certain age, say 22 or 23, you can pretty much bet everyone has had some pain. Grow up and get over it!

And not only that, but I wouldn't be telling any potential love interest about my time in jail or that back child support I owe until at least the first or second month

Quote Originally Posted by Bill747
    We are all human beings limited to 24 hours per day. When we concentrate on and excel in one field, we're usually lacking in another.
    ... The gay guy I 've met, spent 45 minutes in the washroom preening himself before going out, vs the 5 - 10 minutes for most straight guys. Most gays also party a lot more than some straight guys.
    If anything, gay guys have less time to devote to higher priority projects.
    Right. I'll just inform Walt Whitman, Herman Melville, Tchaikovsky, Andre Gide, Marcel Proust, Yukio Mishima, Rudolf Nureyev, Gore Vidal, Sir John Gielgud, Sir Ian McKellan, Giorgio Armani,...etc, etc of your most illuminating conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill747
    My counter arguments against hunks being superior (to nerds) in every way applies equally to gay (unmarried men being superior to straight unmarried men).
    Of course, this is fact and not the over generalization of a FORTER.

Of course, this is fact and not the over generalization of a FORTER.
    It certainly has been my experience that all the good ones are either Gay or Married

Makes sense to me....

Kaicee

That's a good one KaiCee.
    ------------------------------------------------

Other than that, I've found that stereotypes on any group of people is not the thing to do, even if it seems positive. It tends to pigeon-hole people and our perspectives of them.

And don't forget the ones that are gay AND married!

Hey, I have TWO bathrooms in my home; if my lover wants to spend 45 minutes to an hour making themselves look and smell good, I'd think how lucky I was!

And that 5-10 minutes in the bathroom by straight men is usually them reading, on the john!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Other than that, I've found that stereotypes on any group of people is not the thing to do, even if it seems positive. It tends to pigeon-hole people and our perspectives of them.
    Yep, I agree. I was kidding about the good ones being gay or married. There are plenty of great ones out there that are straight, single, black, white, brown, educated, not educated, buffed, skinny, heavy, bald, hairy, tall, short, smart, not-so-smart, rich, poor.....well, you get the idea. Stereotyping based on any particular quality or heritage in a person just doesn't work...Humans are too unique.

Kaicee

There wasn't really a big difference in the IQ test scores. In fact, I don't think it's even double digits. I assumed the Average Joes would win that but half of them are not really that smart, I actually thought they would leave the hunks in the dust. The next challenges were catered in order for the hunks to win. It was interesting because in AJ1 they were expecting the hunks to win the basketball game but they lost, they made sure this time that the Joes would lose. This time they changed it to dodge ball and the whole skins vs shirts thing was not even necessary for that game since it's not basketball. Of course, hunks should win so they can have chance to have some time with the girl, else she'll have no chance of knowing them and would end up getting eliminated (although sometimes not spending time with her enough could be a good thing and she'd only let you stay because she wanted to spend more time with you). In the end, the hunks will win only because I don't think she's really PHYSICALLY attracted to the AJs. They are probably good buddies for her but without romantic involvements.

Let's be real, in order for one to be romantically involved, there should be at least some physical attraction especially if you are going to go all the way with this person. That skinny guy with the glasses and long curly hair kissed her on the lips but she really didn't kiss back. Obviously he's only there because she found him a nice person. These guys should not be fooling themselves, there's only romantic chemistry if she admits to it....and not because they think there is. One could click with someone but it doesn't mean one could be sexual with that person. Also, if the girl is a plain one, these guys wouldn't be so motivated to stay in the game, they are also in there because of the girl's looks so they shouldn't be so pissed about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast