+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nerds Vs Hunks.

FORT Newbie
    *sigh* I disagree.

First, I'm assuming that you're talking about jocks as well, since you talk about them in the same manner as hunks in the third paragraph.

In the long term, nerds are usually more successful than hunks, at least financially. The coming boatload of hunks probably have the combined IQ of a halfwit.

If believing this makes you feel better about yourself, that's fine. I know a lot of guys who were jocks in high school, who are now accountants, stock brokers, engineers, etc. Some had full scholarships to ivy league schools - for sports - but they're also smart as hell.

Simple logic dictates that when a man spends countless hours at the gym to develop a rip stomach, he would not have time to develop his education or his career.

You don't have to spend "countless hours at the gym" to be in shape. If you do weights/run/whatever for an half an hour every other day, you can stay in pretty good condition (given you have a good diet and stuff). That's 1.5 hours out of 168 for the week. That's nothing. There's still plenty of time to read books.

Besides, the whole "who makes more money" thing is all pretty meaningless anyway. You can be a doctor and still be miserable; my dad is a good example of this. I'd be more interested in an argument about who has the more balanced, happy life.
    Last edited by GooFiO; 01-13-2004 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock
    Yeah, and I hope Fredo kicks his ass. If he's the one in the confrontation on the previews.
    There you go. We have our requisite hunk/ass-hole.

(PS. Shallow comment. Said in good humour. Hope I didn't inadvertantly insult you.)

Quote Originally Posted by mariagoner
    There you go. We have our requisite hunk/ass-hole.

(PS. Shallow comment. Said in good humour. Hope I didn't inadvertantly insult you.)
    Naw, you didn't insult me. I realized what you said was in good humor.

Quote Originally Posted by GooFiO
    (1)I know a lot of guys who were jocks in high school, who are now accountants, stock brokers, engineers, etc. Some had full scholarships to ivy league schools - for sports - but they're also smart as hell.(2)You don't have to spend "countless hours at the gym" to be in shape. If you do weights/run/whatever for an half an hour every other day, you can stay in pretty good condition
    (1) Some of the smarter jocks do achieve a 2rd career but near entry level at middle age; their nerd former classmates are now their bosses.

(2) "1.5 hours" of exercise per week would NOT give anyone a rip stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    (1) Some of the smarter jocks do achieve a 2rd career but near entry level at middle age; their nerd former classmates are now their bosses.

(2) "1.5 hours" of exercise per week would NOT give anyone a rip stomach.

Thats news to me. Maybe someone who's grossly out of shape wouldn't be able to achieve a sixpack off of 90 minutes a week, but if you eat right you should have no problem maintaining a six pack off of 90 minutes work a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock
    Yeah, and I hope Fredo kicks his ass. If he's the one in the confrontation on the previews.
    I'm sorry to break this to you but their best chance went out the window when the red head marine was kicked off. Fredo could sneak up behind them and strangle them with his pony tail though.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I'd rather have a Fredo than a nerd or a buffboy. He's not a geek , somewhere in between . He's actually more of an average Joe than the really OTT castmembers.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I'd rather have a Fredo than a nerd or a buffboy. He's not a geek , somewhere in between . He's actually more of an average Joe than the really OTT castmembers.
    It's hunks all the way for me. I mean, it's reality tv. You're not going to meet your soul-mate on it, no matter how many cliches you invoke. Best just to take instant gratification from the beef-cake, since nothing on these dating shows ever last.

But in real life... I'd take a nerd. Or rather, I'd a take a career-orientated person who is still reasonably attractive and has good social-skills. Try to get a little bit of everything good, I guess.

Other than personality, brains, and a career, I would like someone who didn't have so much emotional baggage re:himself or his past.

Quote Originally Posted by mariagoner
    Or rather, I'd a take a career-orientated person who is still reasonably attractive and has good social-skills. Try to get a little bit of everything good, I guess.
    This is the way to go and the one that I took. If you have spent as much time developing your personality as your pecs (called "balance"), have good hygiene and dress flatteringly (not necessarily well off), you're a dating Gold Mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast