+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recap from the NBC Site

FORT Newbie

Recap from the NBC Site

For those of you who keep checking back while we await AmandaG's recap, here is a teaser from the nbc recap page...

1.5.04 Series Premiere
    by Above Average

New year, new Joes! First, we were greeted by Dennis Luciani (from Average Joe 1). He reminded viewers that Average Joe Hawaii was taped before the first show ever aired. None of these bachelors, or the new bachelorette, had any idea what mischief was ahead! After numerous glamour shots of our new leading lady, Larissa, and our new tropical setting, we got down to business. Larissa, also a former Miss Missouri USA (like Melana), arrived at her deluxe Hawaiian digs anxious about the hunks she was hoping to meet. Larissa confessed that emotionally she's been lacking love in her life. One of the reasons she said she wanted to participate in the show, was to discover what she really wants in a man. Hopefully, it's not washboard abs! She was overwhelmed by her luxurious surroundings, and especially touched by seeing her own artwork framed on the walls.

Meanwhile, the guys were starting to arrive at their own version of island paradise. Click here to find out more about the guys. Some were skinny. Some were fat. Some were shy. Some were spazzes. One even had a ponytail! However, they all were very thrilled to be in Hawaii, and even more excited to meet a beautiful, available woman. But before any love was to be found, there was partying to be had! While David got rowdy jumping on the furniture, Brian G. worried aloud that he'd somehow landed on "Loser Island." Donato and Samuel spotted the bunk beds and instantly declared a "No Fat Guys On Top" rule. Amen to that! Phuc (rhymes with "kook") impressed his brethren by opening beer bottles with his teeth! Wonder if he'll show Larissa that trick? Not to be outdone, David threw a watermelon in the pool, much to his own delight…but not anyone else's. Michael went out of his way to switch room assignments to avoid bunking with David! In his defense, David admitted that he'd like to take some of his abundant energy and focus it on his love life. Fredo (ponytail guy), meanwhile, was having trouble understanding the Boston boys. They all had pretty thick accents…something Brian W. thought was really appealing to the ladies. Uh-huh, sure, okay. Later, Tony explained his odd beard line. He has a goatee and then on the right side of his face he has a thin line of facial hair tracing his jawline from his chin to his ear. On the opposite side of his face, however, the hair zigs and zags to make a half-star shape. He explained that it started out as a shaving mishap, but now he does different designs all the time. The highlight (at least for me) was when 5'4" Thomas, an engineer from Portland, busted out his breakdance moves! Thomas was poppin' and lockin' his heart out, while the other guys sat around pounding beers or basting barbecue meat. I don't even think there was music playing! Yet another hilarious moment was when David encouraged Chris and CJ to join him in the large hot tub centrally located on the patio. He couldn't find the temperature gauge or the jets, but none of the guys were deterred. Once they were shivering in the oddly shallow spa, Fredo and Tony broke the news that they were actually lounging in a fountain, not a hot tub! Out of the cold water and into togas, the guys definitely made the most of their first night on the island.

The next night, Larissa looked gorgeous and was nervous to meet her Prince Charmings. Soon a long, black stretch limousine pulled up and the door opened to reveal a stunning young man. He smiled. She smiled. He approached; she tried to keep it together. Then he broke the news that he wouldn't be one of the gentlemen joining her that evening. He also let her know that 18 great guys were on their way. Larissa said her stomach was in knots wondering what was to come next. The huge white bus that we've come to know too well pulled up. The doors whooshed open and out came…David. He be-bopped down to give shocked Larissa a firm handshake and to ask when her birthday was (it's in August). One by one, our guys made their way past a baffled Larissa and into the house. Larissa said everything was a bit of a blur after David, because her head was spinning. Fredo actually chomped gum while he introduced himself, then said "what a piece of a$$" after he went into the house. Nice! CJ, who was sporting a cold sore on his lip, was one of the few guys who went in for a kiss (luckily she gave him her cheek!). Once everyone else was inside, Larissa flew into what she thought was a private room to vent her frustrations. But of course there was a hidden camera! She said she was kind of having a panic attack and was upset at "having to do this" for the next month. Larissa spewed some bleeped obscenities and debated whether or not to continue. She spoke with who we could only assume was a producer, telling him or her that she couldn't picture herself getting intimate with any of the guys if that's what they were hoping for. Ultimately, Larissa calmed down and decided not to be so judgmental. She realized that they were probably great guys. She took a couple of deep breaths and declared, "I'm cool, let's go have fun."

The guys were practically foaming at the mouth as Larissa descended the patio stairs and greeted them by the pool. David latched onto her immediately, while the other guys watched politely - at first. Then they all decided to make their moves. Robert was extremely nervous and could barely stammer his words out. Throughout the evening, each of the guys tried to snag some alone time with Larissa. They knew that before the night was over, four of them would be heading home. After everyone had knocked back a few drinks, it was time for the photo booth. Brian G already had a poem prepared for the evening and Thomas had a rap! (Hint: You can see some of the photo booth shots on each of the players' pages online.)

Next, Larissa gathered the guys in the living room to break the bad news about who would be eliminated. First to say "Aloha" was cold sore CJ. He thought it was because he was so shy and didn't get the chance to talk to Larissa. I think it was because of the cold sore. The next guy to depart was nerve-wracked Robert (who sort of looked like Adam Sandler). Chris, sporting a 50's rocker style, was out to the bus next. Larissa said that the fact Chris was so into the 50's was a little distracting. She wasn't sure how much they would have in common. Finally, Larissa called out Matt's name. Matt, who said earlier that he "has a lot of friends who are girls, but not a lot of girlfriends," said the defeat wouldn't stop him from meeting that special someone.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Just for the record...I miss Miss Filangi But I am sure AmandaG's recaps will be great too! I hope her family emergency is not too bad -- I'm sending her my good thoughts and well wishes. KC

Miss F is a hard act to follow, absolutely.

Sorry for the delay, everyone. The recap should be up by tomorrow, and I'll be faster in the future.

You'll love Amanda, Kaicee. Her and Miss F are both fantastic writers
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Amanda's recaps give me the shivers. Remember back in kindergarten when Amanda wrote her name for the first time? That was great.

I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Quote Originally Posted by totoro
    Amanda's recaps give me the shivers. Remember back in kindergarten when Amanda wrote her name for the first time? That was great.

LMAO totoro! you snark master, you!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by totoro

Pffft. I'll have you know that I wrote my name for the first time well before kindergarten.

Although I've been told that Bill first wrote his 45 minutes out of the womb, so....

*cough cough*
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Pffft. I'll have you know that I wrote my name for the first time well before kindergarten.

Although I've been told that Bill first wrote his 45 minutes out of the womb, so....
    Oh my god...can't breath...
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Oh, I am sure of that! I am fairly new to Reality TV and FORT...so my only experience has been with Miss F. Actually, AJ1 was my first experience with Reality TV...now I am considering FEAR FACTOR just so I can participate in the FORT forum ...I always get nauseated watching the Fear Factor promos...Yucky stuff!...

I am absolutely positive that AmandaG will be great.....all of the writers, moderators and John are fantastic. They make this website fun and interesting! Being a **Long time** computer list veteran, FORT really stands out as being one of the best I have been on. (not to brown nose or anything.....but "Thanks John"!!!).

KC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast