+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obesity and Average Joe

Obesity and Average Joe

Speculation: Do you think the producers have discouraged the women--Malena and Larissa--from discharging the obese guys until after the first round? It seems impossible that either of these women would consider dating someone who's 300 pounds.

We know the work it takes to have the bodies M and L have and we also know they would NOT date obese men. Fitness for these women is their job. The producers have a heavy hand in who stays and goes.
    IMO

Since there are so many Joes that will be getting the Heave Ho's, it's probably a combination of heavy "suggestions" from the producers and Larissa's Common Sense that will keep the Fatties on the show at least for the next 3 shows.

By that time, their over the top quirks will make their elimination seem natural.

Plus, there will be a nationwide shortage of insulin, to cure the "sweetness" known as Bill, so the U.S. Health Department will step in, demanding that HE be eliminated.

FORT Regular
    The producers probablty have some influence but lets look at who got voted out. The one Chris had a cold sore and while he wasnt a terrible looking guy he looked like someone's father. Robert was just impossibly tongue tied and flustered. Rockabilly Chris was just so not Larissa's style and Matt was a little shrimp and just too geeky although I thought he was a nice enough kid. The fat guys were probably better in this case. At least better to keep another week. She wouldnt date any of these guys normally anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan73
    The producers probably have some influence but lets look at who got voted out. The one Chris had a cold sore...
    Oh, I can already see an incredible opportunity for a product tie-in:

" Use Herpacin-H for those nasty cold sores and get voted to the second round! Don't be on a Reality TV Dating Show without it!"

I thought Larissa's? reaction to the big guys was much more snotty/graceless than to the other guys. She barely touched their hands in introduction. What a bit*h.

I also doubt that she will end up with anyone that is obese. From seeing just that one episode, the only three that appear to have a chance are Michael, Frodo, and maybe Tim. The rest - no way!!

I am also into fitness and am not physically attracted to heavy men (although I have a very cute girlfriend who always like the chubbies and was married to three of them). So who knows.

I also think the producers have some influence on who she sends home. Let's face it, if she were choosing alone, she would have sent home David right away. But he is colorful and the normal looking/acting ones who left were colorless. David is soooo geeky, he attracts viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    Speculation: Do you think the producers have discouraged the women--Malena and Larissa--from discharging the obese guys until after the first round? It seems impossible that either of these women would consider dating someone who's 300 pounds.
    I don't think their weight has anything to do with it. I think once they got over the shock that they weren't going to be dating Fabio, personality is all they felt was left. The bigger men could lose weight and become a hottie- I don't think the Fab 5 could help some of the others...

on vacation
    I'm just watching (what I assume is the replay) right now. Personally if I was her, there would be other's that would go before I'd worried about the heavy guys.

+ Reply to Thread