+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playing to their strengths....

Playing to their strengths....

IMHO, doesn't it seem that the AJ's are missing a winning strategy? Having lived their lives being "the friend" and not the "boy friend" why aren't any of these guys doing what they do best: offering the Target a few sympathetic words? Lord knows she needs a friend, she knows she is facing potential world wide ridicule and humiliation. Wouldn't a greeting something like, "how are YOU doing? This must be VERY difficult for you," be not only a winning strategy but the decent thing to do? And in the first night's interview instead of trying to impress her, why not ask her about HER life? Maybe if an AJ could build a bond of trust and friendship he could rise above the hunks coming up later. Of course I do wonder if this has been done and but edited out, as it would expose the producers of what I believe to be one of the meanest shows I have ever seen.

I have often wondered why the guys don't seem to spend their time getting to know *her* the first night. As a woman, I would remember that more when it came time for eliminations than I would remember what they did for a living.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I suspect it's more editing. Surely at least some of these guys asked her a few questions about herself.
    (Although remember, Tareq from AJ1 tried to get to "know" her; he asked her opinion on broccoli. )
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    (Although remember, Tareq from AJ1 tried to get to "know" her; he asked her opinion on broccoli. )
    Ah yes. Perhaps some of them are better off not asking. I would have remember Tareq's question at eliminations, but not in a good way :nono
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

America's Next Sassypants velveteenidol's Avatar
    Honestly, though, I've been on more than a few dates where I was forced to listen to some nice man regale me with tales of how much fun it is to be him....so I have a hard time imagining that these guys, who have enough problems just approaching women in the first place, would have a lock on the "so, what's it like to be you, Larrissa?" angle.

Of course, that's why I'm here. So I can be proved wrong about the opposite sex.

It seemed to me this first show was moastly intended as an introduction for the viewers, because they showed very little of the "cocktail party" where Larissa met the guys, and what part they did show seemed to concentrate on the men trying to shove each other out of the way to talk to her.This show didn't seem to reveal as much of the 'one on one" time as I seem to remember on the premier of last year's show; then again my memory isn't the world's best by a long shot.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb1960
    It seemed to me this first show was moastly intended as an introduction for the viewers, because they showed very little of the "cocktail party" where Larissa met the guys, and what part they did show seemed to concentrate on the men trying to shove each other out of the way to talk to her.This show didn't seem to reveal as much of the 'one on one" time as I seem to remember on the premier of last year's show; then again my memory isn't the world's best by a long shot.
    Perhaps everyone (AJ's and Larissa) were just so darned dumbfounded that Curly Top jumped right up to her like he was Rhett Butler or something! Got to hand it to the annoying little twerp....he has a lot of...uhmm...confidence.

I agree that the guys should be showing interest in Ms. Meek - everyone knows the way to a beautiful woman's heart is to let her talk about herself.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    Perhaps everyone (AJ's and Larissa) were just so darned dumbfounded that Curly Top jumped right up to her like he was Rhett Butler or something! Got to hand it to the annoying little twerp....he has a lot of...uhmm...confidence.

I agree that the guys should be showing interest in Ms. Meek - everyone knows the way to a beautiful woman's heart is to let her talk about herself.
    Yep, and it works the other way too!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread