+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Average Jane?!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    Don't forget the flinstones! Betty and Wilma, based on the Honeymooners where again there's the "I just stepped out of a magazine" type wife with the 'give me a beer and let my stomach hang out' guy.

But women are programmed for security, men are still programmed for plumage.

Totally forgot the Flintstones, Glitternerfball! Good catch!

And the "security/plumage" observation:
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

America's Next Sassypants velveteenidol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    However, if there was ever going to be an AVERAGE JANE, it would end up being broadcast on THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL, and narrated by a prominent sociologist. It would be too experimental for standard TV.
    -- I love this!!

So the premise for PLAIN JANE would be, let me get this straight - 12 average looking girls - and that means all shapes, sizes and colors - and one drop dead gorgeous man.

I noticed on both Average Joe's that ALL the guys thought that Melena and Larissa were hot stuff, but when us FORT posters saw the hot guys that NBC brought in as "da bomb" for the shows, most of us women were not in agreement as to which HOT guy WAS truly attractive.

Do you really think they could even FIND one HOT MAN that 12 women could agree was attractive to them? How did they decide on Melena and Larissa as the object of adoration in the first place?

Sincerely, I did not find ONE HOT GUY on that "Torpedo Boat" that's cruising towards AJ2 island as we speak. Can't wait till Monday's epidsode!!!!!!!!

I really don't think that they could find a sincere guy. Maybe one who is willing to act like he prefers average women in order to pursue acting/modeling/show biz..

but maybe I'm wrong..

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelC
    I really don't think that they could find a sincere guy. Maybe one who is willing to act like he prefers average women in order to pursue acting/modeling/show biz....
    That would be exactly like Larissa and Melana. They are both in the "media" business...aspiring actress, model, beauty queen. If they can find a male version of Larissa/Melana - the gorgeous part (the guy) of Average Jane would work. I still don't think you would get a group of average (average meaning overweight/obese, plain, flat chested, beer bellied...or any other combination of flaws that make them "average"). Women just would not want their flaws to be viewed by anyone...and certainly not filmed!

I think that on the "average" -- woman are more aware of their appearance...(good or bad) and allow it to dictate their self esteem.

(the exception of my "women are too vain to let the world see their flaws" theory would be Black women...they seem to be able to love themselves no matter how they look...I wish I could develop that attitude)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345