+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not so Average Joes

FORT Fanatic

Not so Average Joes

Personally, I think the network missed the boat.
    First of all, most of these guys don't even come close to "average". Should be called "Low-Joes"

Next - if they are truly going with the concept of having a woman choose an "Average Joe"....what's the deal with bringing in the hunks?

If it is going to be a challenge between hunks and Average Joes, at least they should choose some Average Joes who have a good personality.

I completely agree. There is nothing average about these guys. I almost (and I stress almost) felt sorry for her...

They should change the name of the show to Beauty and the Herd Of Beasts!
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Actually , if you take a look around it's not too far off the mark- with one or two exceptions *cough Dave the mailboy cough*

Bill's Number One Fan roxycarmichael's Avatar
    I think perhaps you are being too hard on the Joes. With the exception noted by eny, most of those guys could be one of our coworkers, a cousin, a friend's brother, or even our friends themselves. However, I do challenge the use of the word average in describing these men because many of them seem to be exceptional in their kindness, manners, humor, and so on.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by roxycarmichael
    I think perhaps you are being too hard on the Joes. With the exception noted by eny, most of those guys could be one of our coworkers, a cousin, a friend's brother, or even our friends themselves. However, I do challenge the use of the word average in describing these men because many of them seem to be exceptional in their kindness, manners, humor, and so on.
    Thanks for mentioning that Roxy. I think that the manners exhibited on the show were phenomenal. Their erudition and poise in the face of adversity are to be commended. Bravo, Joes. Keep those heads held high!

Most of the show is scripted is it not? Some of the behavior of the Joes are just way out there. And of course the hunks won't be running around in togas and jumping on couches screeching.

And the hunks will again all have low skilled jobs.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal One
    Most of the show is scripted is it not? Some of the behavior of the Joes are just way out there. And of course the hunks won't be running around in togas and jumping on couches screeching.

And the hunks will again all have low skilled jobs.
    Mmm hmm..I kind of feel like David's performance was a little over the top, like the producers encouraged him to be the wild and crazy man he thinks he is.

I don't think the show is scripted. But it is most likely *suggested*.

+ Reply to Thread