+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334

Thread: 01/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

1 Spoiled Rotten Dog! RedStickLA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I agree that the producers just went out of their way to find some of the dorkiest geeks. Who wouldn't be shocked when the first thing you see stepping out of the bus is that hyper carrott top lookalike. To be fair, there were a few guys that did look average.
    My daughter and I had this same discussion while watching the show. Yes, there are a few of the guys that are average but most of them are below average. As for the Carrot Top look a like... who in their right mind would want anything to do with a grown man that giggles and jumps on the furniture.

America's Next Sassypants velveteenidol's Avatar
    I don't know if you guys saw the posting in the Tony thread, but another poster suggested that Tony may have an actual physical deficiency - can't remember the name of the disease - but it involves lacking sweat glands, spotty hair growth, etc. So that may be the reason for the no eyebrows.

Then again, hey, I could be wrong and Tony is having a love affair with his razor.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStickLA
    My daughter and I had this same discussion while watching the show. Yes, there are a few of the guys that are average but most of them are below average. As for the Carrot Top look a like... who in their right mind would want anything to do with a grown man that giggles and jumps on the furniture.
    Agree . . agree . . agree!! Most are way below average in my opinion. David (carrot top) is an annoying little bug and the no sweat gland guy is just plain weird (it would be hard to make himself less attractive). The "big" guys are way too overweight, not just "heavy-set" (is that an average guy - hope not). Mr. Boston wears his shirt on backwards and his voice is very nasal. Most are definitely below average. Exceptions would be - Michael, Tim, and Frodo (except for his hair).

I feel sorry for Larissa - she is the brunt of the joke. If she chooses a hunk, she'll be criticized as being shallow. She can't win, just like Melana. Her best bet is to pick the guy who attracts her and is a compatible match - regardless of whether he is a geek or a hunk and who cares what people think.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStickLA
    Did I see right...When they showed the previews for the upcomming shows she kisses David? Yuk

I saw that and OMG I am not as shocked about her kissing the masses as I am about her kissing that one in particular. He needs some Ritalin! Maybe she thinks he'll be a wild man in bed too. He'll jump on the bed and land on her most likely knocking her out... then he'll have her right where he wants her.

Note: Unless I missed it, no one answered the watermelon question that a few people posed in this thread. The greased watermelon is for playing watermelon polo in the pool. We used to play it when we were kids at our local pool.

"Curiousity killed the cat, but for a while I as a suspect." Steven Wright
    VA Tech Hokies Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I feel sorry for Larissa - she is the brunt of the joke. If she chooses a hunk, she'll be criticized as being shallow. She can't win, just like Melana. Her best bet is to pick the guy who attracts her and is a compatible match - regardless of whether he is a geek or a hunk and who cares what people think.
    Only if there is an Average Joe with an above average personality and chance for a future (like Adam). I think she will only seem shallow if she chooses a hottie who is a dud (like Jason).

Quote Originally Posted by drkim
    Oh here we go again! I also was underwhelmed by these guys. Seems they started with just too many. I didn't get a good sense of any of them like I did with Dennis, John and Brad that first night. I'm not sure who I like?
    This board is more fun than the actual show was.

The first show had some distinctive men, and it was easy to chose who I was pulling for to win. In this version, all that I could come up with was who I wanted eliminated. At least there, I won, in part, hoping that Rock-a-Billy would get the Heave-Ho. Anyone who knows that scene realizes that that IS his life and Larissa had an astute judgment of him, saying that she didn't know what they'd have in common.

But David.....???? I cringed when I saw him: his looks, his personality, his over-the-top antics. I was repulsed when I saw her accept a kiss from the clown; hope she has a lot of Listerine on hand for those 5 weeks!

If the first AJ had been this drab, I would have lost interest in it immediately. I sure hope that it picks up in the coming weeks.

Regarding Larissa, I enjoyed her immensely. I know that she didn't do as well as Melana in hiding her disappointment, but, I'd have to say that I would have done far worse, presented with these guys coming off the bus. I also liked the fact that she was an actual artist; she had something else on her resume other than "Pretty to Look At." I also think that I'm favorable to her because she reminds me so much of my friend, JoJo, who is also an artist and also....from Missouri (small world).

I'll give it a couple of weeks, hoping that there's more to the show than it was tonight.

I give my kids crayons and paper but I hesitate to call it 'art'. My 4 yr old has as much artistic merit as this woman does
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Oooooohhhhhhhh, I see. Thanks.

Reminds me of Austin Powers. Fook mi and Fook Yu.
    His name is Fook Le though...say it with an m and he could be another character.

+ Reply to Thread