+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The *Real* Ratings Grabber!

The *Real* Ratings Grabber!

Has anyone else noticed the promos where the Average fellas are getting picked on a lot by the ringers? Perhaps it's just me but the producers really seem to have punched up the "jocks vs. nerds" aspect.

I read somewhere (probably here) that NBC recut the show hastily during the last season to be more sympathetic to the AJ's after audience reaction was not what they anticipated -- America rooting for the Joe's and not the pretty boys. Judging from the promos though, they seem to have forgotten that and showed the PB's harshing on the Joe's.

My hope this year is that one of the Average Joes is a third degree black belt or former Golden Gloves contender who after getting an egg broken over his head by some gym-rat underwear model throws that wicked right cross.. and we watch the pretty boy spit teeth and unwillingly join the ranks of the Average.

THAT would make my sweeps week, lemme tellya.

Jerome Morrow
    "Guests at a cocktail party in the Southern Hemisphere tend to circulate in an counterclockwise direction."

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Morrow
    My hope this year is that one of the Average Joes is a third degree black belt or former Golden Gloves contender who after getting an egg broken over his head by some gym-rat underwear model throws that wicked right cross.. and we watch the pretty boy spit teeth and unwillingly join the ranks of the Average.

THAT would make my sweeps week, lemme tellya.

Jerome Morrow
    Definitely would be "Must See TV"
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I think the producers fully expected the viewers to side with the Joes.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Somewhere in the other AJ thread, it does say that the producers hastily changed the tone of the show (hence Kathy Griffin's abbreviated hosting)They *claim* that they had started out with a 'make fun of the dorks' vibe and ended up going a more sympathetic route.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Somewhere in the other AJ thread, it does say that the producers hastily changed the tone of the show (hence Kathy Griffin's abbreviated hosting)They *claim* that they had started out with a 'make fun of the dorks' vibe and ended up going a more sympathetic route.

Agree...I watched an interview with Kathy and she mentioned the same thing. Apparently, she was tossing out some good one liner's before the editing.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I remember that. It'll be interesting to see how they slant this one.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

i'm actually more sympathetic already, i was actually feeling bad for the joes, i didn't feel too bad last season, maybe its because this chick seems more sincere i don't know. and the fact that these hunks look like total jerks and asses, i wouldn't date them no matter how hott they are or how great a body.

Looks like they are definitely going to play up the a$$hole jock angle after seeing the previews. The last hunks were at least nice.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread