+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Boston men more 'Average' than others?

Hmm, is that so?

I'm from Boston myself. Got the good, the bad and the ugly and the accent I sometimes have, much to my chagrin.

"The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I must say, the article posts and interesting argument! I've only been to Boston once, but I loved it (I'm in NJ, right outside NYC)... The people were great, and definitley above "average" in my recollection. I think the whole "Average" moniker is quite a subjective one.

Also a lifelong resident of MA - now just over the border in So. NH (same thing as Boston area really). Agree w/most as we have everything from "The good to the bad to the ugly" to quote someone above. Though, I did think that while watching the show there were more representatives from this area than usual. Think that sends a bad picture. At least David Daskal (sp?) isn't from the area, what a doofus.

Plenty of great schools, one of the more prosperous (even now) technology belts, ocean to the East, mountains to the North, and true four seasons. What else could one ask for?

I grew up there and went to law school at night. (There must have been 5 or 6 cops in my night law school class.) That guy Brian, especially, is SO Boston. Not surprised at all that he was having "beeis" with a "buddy" at Faneuil Hall at Quincy Maaket. Honestly, I found it pretty hard to date there. The guys you meet in the pubs at Faneuil Hall had stay-at-home moms and want to find one for themselves. They like their girls with more makeup--less career.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RushVB
    What else could one ask for?

A World Series Ring? KIDDING.....

ducking and running out of thread as fast as I can

Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    Did I hear "...it was wicked pissa meeting the guys...,"or was I flashing back to my youth?
    Yes, he said it. I turned to MY Boston-area "average Joe" and said, " at least you don't say things like Wicked Pissa".

I also said "They had to have recruited in Boston" because I knew that Dennis from the first show was from Quincy and then two mentioned Boston in the intros. A third had an over-the-top Boston accent. But I definitely didn't catch that fully half of them were from Boston. But it is a great city because it really does have a mix of everything -- it's not homogeneous at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    They had quite a few casting calls at the local hotspots for this show, Cupid, and B-ette. As if these places weren't packed with enough idiots already :rolleyes I wouldn't be surprised if they took the guys with the heaviest accents either.
    I've grown to appreciate the accent and the men from that particular area
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    A World Series Ring? KIDDING.....

ducking and running out of thread as fast as I can

Man, almost all of the guys are Italian. Don't worry ladies, we don't all look like them. hehe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12