+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tony C.

"Do Be" or not "Do Be"? hanksmyman's Avatar
    Something occurred to me last night... obviously Tony's nose has been broken before, which makes him look like some kind of fighter. That image doesn't fit with the whomping he took in the "boxing" ring early on. Maybe he was a punching bag in a previous life?

I'm glad Larissa gave him a little reassurance last night. He was getting a little panicky last week.

"Do Be" or not "Do Be"? hanksmyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyisgreat
    Does anyone know where Tony is a bartender in Boston?

Well I found this:

Anthony Calandra landed on the show after impressing a casting agent with his sideburns, cut in the shape of stars, and his friendly personality as a bartender at Encore, a lounge in the Wyndham Tremont Boston Hotel. "I didn't want to say, `Oh, let me get on your show!' but I wanted a part," says Calandra, who was unaware of the plot twists involved.

Source: http://www.boston.com/yourlife/relat..._average_joes/

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I read up on ED, and it said that from childhood forward, they know how to keep themselves cool, and they adjust as they go. It also said that they participate in just about every sport, taking their own precautions. It's when they have a fever that is the biggest problem. You can usually always get cooled off when the heat source is external....but when it's coming from the inside, that can be beyond their control.
    Very interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Drain my brain.

A Tony Site

Hi... I came across Tony's site... It features some great artwork... check it out...

http://www.tonycalandra.com/
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

Awesome site! He really is a great artist. You can even click on the different art tools at the bottom of the page then click on any of the art mediums there in the picture and go through his art work. Very cool!!

Personally, I am rooting for Tony... Before the show started, I thought that he was a little off (the sideburns!) but as the show progresses, I like him more and more. I like his quiet personality, and the fact that he is never involved in any of the conflicts. Also, with each show he becomes more and more attractive!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

FORT Newbie

Tony an Average Joe? or hunk?

I cannot figure out how anyone can consider Tony an Average Joe? There are so many things about him that are above average. Besides having a great personality he is very fit. has very nice features,and if he just had a goatee instead of shaving odd shapes on his face he would even look better. He is a very talented artist. Very intelligent(got the highest score on the IQ test and admitted he was always smart.Also has very good social skills. I can see a woman not only being attracted to him, but really enjoying his company.

So,besides the fact he has no sweat glands(what is the big deal about that?) He seems to be way above average. I think if Larissa picks any of the "average guys" itwill be him. But then again, he is not average by any means.

I don't consider him an Average Joe either. I think he has the best personality on the show and he is an artist too so he is perfect for Larissa. Just gotta wait and see if she sees it too.

I agree with you both. I don't believe he is average in any way, he seems to have a lot going for him...and he has all the qualities I look for in a guy. And I don't care about the sideburns, it's only hair.

I guess he got stuck as an "average joe" because of his distinctive look...but just because someone has a non-traditional look doesn't make them average, IMO. I'd definitely go out with him...well, if he was little older!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Newbie
    Tony's Eyebrow Issue or Ectodermal dysplasia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony probably does not shave his eyebrows he more than likely has a disease called Ectodermal dysplasia which would effect his hair growth...

So, let's show a little kindness and understanding. Just because he looks different doesn't mean he's any less of a person.

Here is more information...

Ectodermal dysplasia is a hereditary condition characterized by abnormal development of the skin and associated structures hair, nails and teeth, and sweat glands).

Causes, incidence, and risk factors:

There are many different types of ectodermal dysplasia of which X-linked anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasia is the most common. Because the disease is X-linked, males are affected, although females in some cases may also display a range of symptoms.

An autosomal dominant form exists in which females and males are equally affected and is symptomatically almost identical to the X-linked form of the disease. Multiple genes have been discovered to cause ectodermal dysplasias.

Ectodermal dysplasia may affect, to varying degrees, all of the structures associated with the development of the skin. Absent or decreased sweating in people with anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasia is caused by absence of sweat glands.

Affected children have difficulty controlling fevers and mild illness may produce extremely high fevers, because of absent temperature regulation by sweating. Affected adults are unable to tolerate a warm environment and require special measures to maintain a normal body temperature.

Mucus membrane involvement results in chronic nasal infections with foul-smelling discharge and increased respiratory infections. Hair may be absent or very scanty. The skin is thin with light pigmentation. Teeth develop abnormally and many teeth are missing.

Symptoms Return to top

decreased number of teeth
    peg teeth
    delayed or absent tooth formation
    inability to sweat
    absent tears (occasional)
    thin skin
    decreased pigment
    foul-smelling nasal discharge
    poor temperature regulation
    heat intolerance
    scanty hair
    absent hair
    abnormal nails
    low nasal bridge
    Signs and tests Return to top

biopsy of the mucus membranes (shows absent mucous glands, hypoplastic mucous membranes)
    biopsy of the skin (shows absent or hypoplastic sweat glands)
    genetic testing is available for some subtypes of this group of disorders.
    Treatment Return to top

There is no specific treatment for this disorder. Cosmetic and functional improvements can be made through the use of wigs in the absence of scalp hair and dentures to replace missing and defective teeth. Synthetic tears may be necessary to replace normal tearing and prevent drying of the eyes. The nose may have to be irrigated frequently to remove purulent debris and prevent infection.

Temperature control is a constant problem. Affected people require a cooler climate and may require frequent cooling water baths or sprays to maintain a normal body temperature. (Water evaporating from the skin replaces the cooling function of sweat evaporating from the skin.)

Expectations (prognosis) Return to top

Ectodermal dysplasia is compatible with a normal life span, but constant attention must be paid to temperature regulation and other problems that may exist.
    Complications Return to top

febrile seizures
    brain damage secondary to increased body temperature
    Calling your health care provider Return to top

Call for an appointment with your health care provider if your child shows symptoms of this disorder.
    Prevention Return to top

Genetic counseling for prospective parents with a family history of ectodermal dysplasia is recommended. Prenatal diagnosis of ectodermal dysplasia is possible in many cases.

Update Date: 11/17/2003

Updated by: Douglas R. Stewart, M.D., Division of Medical Genetics, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network.

+ Reply to Thread