+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sean P.

Lambikins, I don't think this is the place to discuss self-control versus weight problems.

Just because *you* were able to lose weight does not speak for everyone else in the world, and you would do well to keep that in mind before you make some people here, including myself, angry.

Sorry, John. I wouldn't have gone "into" it had my lack of empathy for Sean been questioned previously, by another poster.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I wouldn't feel too bad for Sean...there was a short article in US Weekly about the show, they quoted him as saying "My email inbox is full, with women saying 'I'd love to get to know you.' I need an agent."
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Way to go Sean!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd
    I wouldn't feel too bad for Sean...there was a short article in US Weekly about the show, they quoted him as saying "My email inbox is full, with women saying 'I'd love to get to know you.' I need an agent."
    That doesn't surprise me a bit! Sean seems to be a real sweetheart. And he can cook gourmet meals and feed cherries to women. I bet there are plenty of them out there that would just love to have someone like Sean.

Depending on how the guys handle re-boarding the bus after being eliminated...I think most of these AJ's will be pretty popular in the dating scene. Every one of them has something unique to offer. It probably messes up their chances of getting post show email if they left the island in a stink (but on the other hand - they could alway blame it on scripting and editing, huh?).

I hope all these guys benefitted from participating in the show. Good for Sean (and Adam, Dennis, John, Zach...the list goes on!)

Kaicee

Sean seems like a truly nice guy--maybe, indeed, the nicest, most "normal" one there, and apparently he's got a great career. Looks like the only thing he's got going against him is his weight, but that's an awful big "only". Shallow or not, it's just basic human nature to react to the physical. Emotionally and mentally, I feel like I'm very open-minded, and don't react negatively or discriminate against the heavy, in my mind, or relationships. But am I going to be sexually attracted to someone who is so overweight, no matter how great they are? Honestly? No. And I'm no where near as gorgeous as Larissa.

I hope this show inspires him to at least get fitTER, and healthier, for his OWN sake.

FORT Newbie
    If he used to be in such good shape, why'd he let himself ballon like that? At about 50lbs over, you should realize that you have a big problem. It's hard as hell to gain 50 lbs. It's all the "love yourself for who you are" crap that they teach you in school. What ever happend to Arnold's "get fit America." Noone preaches exercise anymore. It's all about fad diets now. I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about being fat. I've never been. I have to lift weights to gain weight, and start losing pounds when I stop. The best shape of my life was in senior year HS. My first semester in college, stopped lifting, and shed 20 lbs. Was depressing. I am now in bad shape, at 5-10 lbs over my HS weight. I realize that I have a problem. Not going to wait until I'm 20 lbs overweight. Just 45 minutes a few times a week, and I'll be back in form in no time. Doesn't take hours upon hours of work. If you can't dedicate 45 min to your only body a couple times a week, then it's too bad.

FORT Newbie
    It's easy as pie to gain 50# if you've got the right combination of overeating/unhealthy eating, genetics, and lack of exercise. Very easy. What's hard it taking it back off.

Tell me about it. I could stand to lose a good 40 pounds myself. If you're a drinker or a smoker, you can just quit cold turkey. Avoid the stuff like the plague. But you can't avoid food. How many successful ex-alcoholics would there be if they were told they HAD to have 3 drinks a day - one in the morning, one in the afternoon, one in the evening. But no more than 3. It's very hard to stop once you start.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

It is very easy to put on 50 pounds or more. Some people have health problems and are put on steroids such as prednisone. You can't help but gain weight on those kind of drugs. Plus being disabled it would make it a bit difficult to take off. Until you have walked a mile in someone's shoes you can't make a judgement like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast