+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sean P.

Hm-m-m-m, all the posts about Sean must be happening in another thread, rather than his own.

Did anyone feel at all sorry for him last night?

I for one, did NOT!!!

Sean reminds me of the type of guy who'd 'settle' for marrying a Plain Jane, then he'd lose all of his weight, dump her and go after a Bikini model.

He's so so conscious of his weight...yet he does NOTHING about it! Come on...you suddenly don't wake up one morning, look in the mirror and say, "Oh, my God...I've gained 150 extra pounds!"

Each and every one of those bits of blubber around him went on one donut, creme brulee, and baked potato at a time. If he doesn't like the way he's ended up, he could have started a diet/exercise program a month ago, two months ago...or...never let himself get more than ONE size heavier. I mean, after all, unless his mommy or girlfriend are buying his clothes, he's had to be aware of the fact that his sizing keeps changing, each time he buys new ones.

Watching him in the hot tub with Larissa was like having hot pokers stuck in my eyes! He made 0% eye contact with her, except when he finished his "I'm fat, I'm fat, I'm fat" speech. And he's right...I think he IS the first guy to NOT give the girl a kiss...and Larissa gave him every chance short of grabbing his pudgy cheeks and hauling him in like a whale.

I'm tired of his "Woe is me," speeches; the only thing that comes out of this guys mouth is the word, ..."fat"...., explaining away his problems in life. It's his Security Blanket against Failure...whatever he falls short of, he can blame it on being fat.

And bravo for Larissa telling him about getting fit; I doubt she would have said anything, had it not been his motto. And also, to the Hunk that said, "I can't understand how someone can let themselves go," I'm right there with ya!

Maybe when Sean gets voted off, and he will, he'll finally get fed up with his weight issues and decide to get fit.

In fact, how cool would it be if FOX paid for him to get totally HUNK-R-RIFFIC, and brought him back onto a dating show, with him as the star?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    ......In fact, how cool would it be if FOX paid for him to get totally HUNK-R-RIFFIC, and brought him back onto a dating show, with him as the star?
    Lambikins, you have the mind of a top exec!

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Lambikins, you have the mind of a top exec!
    , Thanks, eldee! I not only enjoy thinking 'outside' of the box, but, saying, "Box?! There was a b.o.x.?!" Helps me keep my edge against the competion out in the real world!

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Lambikins, that show would work wonders and bring tears to many eyes, and a lot of help for men and women who find themselves in his boat that is slowly sinking because they no longer love themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Lambikins, that show would work wonders and bring tears to many eyes, and a lot of help for men and women who find themselves in his boat that is slowly sinking because they no longer love themselves.

Wouldn't it, though! In fact, because of your and eldee's comments, I've emailed NBC with my thoughts, tossing the bone in their court. Hey, if Adam can have his own show, why not Sean?

Being severly overweight is the hardest "flaw" to hide. You can be cruel, petty, a thief, an abuser (sexually or emotionally), and all of those horrible traits can be hidden under skin and hair.

But, you take a person, who for one reason or another, has ballooned into a 300+ pound profile, and they suddenly carry the Sins of the World.

Sean doesn't want to be "seen as the funny, fat guy. I just want to be seen as the funny guy," but the person who is doing the MOST seeing of him as "fat" is himself! If I cared enough, I would review the tapes of the entire show and count up just HOW MANY TIMES he has used the word "fat". That's what I love about David...he's oblivious of who he is and what he appears as to others. He doesn't say, "Oh, I'm such a nerd. I'm so strange." He's just...David.

My male roomate is very, very over-weight and also in the restaurant industry. In one day at home, he will drink a 24 pack of beer; eat 3 bacon/egg/cheese sandwiches for breakfast; 3 bags of buttered popcorn for snacks; and an X-large Meat Lovers pizza for dinner!!! <
    Like Sean, his excuse for being lonely and without a date, is his weight. Like Sean, he'll tell you how he suddenly woke up one day, over weight.

No. You. Didn't!!!!!!!!

I would truly like to 'like' Sean, however, he does't give me enough material beside his Fat Mantra, to get to know him. I'm sure that Larissa feels the same way, however, she'll be blamed for being shallow when she dismisses him, rather than the fact that he couldn't get over his problem.

FORT Newbie
    Clearly Lambikins, you've never had a problem with your weight. I am willing to bet that Sean HAS tried to do something about it, more ways than he would ever admit. I have struggled most of my life, and only recently discovered that I have hypothyroidism, and it's very common. Plus, I was under an enormous amount of stress for a number of years which didn't help. I've dieted, exercised, done just about everything, and most "fat" people have. I'm not going to go into great details here, I just wanted to suggest you lighten up and get educated before assuming such stereotypical and ignorant opinions. It may sound easy to lose weight, but I promise you, it's harder than quitting smoking, getting off heroin, you name it. With that stuff, you can quit completely, but you still have to eat to survive. Unless you've walked in those shoes, you can't appreciate how it can be almost impossible for the rest of us.
    I'm still struggling, and praying someday I will have that part of my life under control.
    Hypatia

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    He is one of the nicest guys still left on the show...and I know he knows he is overweight and is very self-conscious about it...I think...he will try...to lose some of it...If the problem is in any way medical and only his doctor can tell him for sure..there are things that could help...

I think he will be around for a bit longer...larissa seems to have more patience for a person's shyness than Melania did and I think she will give this one more try....

It is Tv however and if he doesn't open up a bit...and he will be gone....

You have to remember this is TV and there are people editing. All the edits can make it seem like all this guy did was talk about he is fat it bothering him. Yes, he probably did mention it, Who wouldnt when you are one of the bigger men competeing for a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    He's so so conscious of his weight...yet he does NOTHING about it! Come on...you suddenly don't wake up one morning, look in the mirror and say, "Oh, my God...I've gained 150 extra pounds!"

Actually, it can kind of be like that. For many, many years, his weight has probably been okay for the lifestyle he led. then, he's thrust into this situation and he realized the (pardon the pun) enormity of his weight. He's probably always thought that he's a bit overweight and that's it. Especially for guys, it comes on so gradually that what's the difference between 240 and 290? They're both way overweight for most body types.

Re: Sean's weight loss. Men's body's are built to burn fat and build muscle (so they can hunt). (Women's retain fat so they can feed their babies in times of famine.) Once Sean started eating normal meals with all the guys and moving around a bit, I bet that weight just started pouring off him. Men can lose 5 to 10 pounds a week, easily. (Incredible! If I starve, I'll lose a pound a week.) My husband went thru a personal emergency a while back--I was injured and to cope with my injury and taking care of children, he'd forget to eat or grab something on the run. About three weeks later, he'd gone from 185 to 170.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia
    Clearly Lambikins, you've never had a problem with your weight. I am willing to bet that Sean HAS tried to do something about it, more ways than he would ever admit. I have struggled most of my life, and only recently discovered that I have hypothyroidism, and it's very common. Plus, I was under an enormous amount of stress for a number of years which didn't help. I've dieted, exercised, done just about everything, and most "fat" people have. I'm not going to go into great details here, I just wanted to suggest you lighten up and get educated before assuming such stereotypical and ignorant opinions. It may sound easy to lose weight, but I promise you, it's harder than quitting smoking, getting off heroin, you name it. With that stuff, you can quit completely, but you still have to eat to survive. Unless you've walked in those shoes, you can't appreciate how it can be almost impossible for the rest of us.
    I'm still struggling, and praying someday I will have that part of my life under control.
    Hypatia
    Actually, it's because I lost 85 pounds that I'm on Sean's case!!!

I came from a very fit and style conscious family where there was NEVER an excuse to be more than 5 pounds over weight. So, like every kid that has to "act out" , when I went to Uni, I ate every single thing that I could get my hands on that was NEVER allowed in my parent's home: french fries, chips, ice cream, pastry... By the time of my Junior year, I had ballooned up from a fit 125 pounds to 210 pounds. I couldn't move, I didn't want to exercise...I just wanted to eat. For those two years, I made every excuse possible to NOT visit my parents, as I know what their reaction would have been.

So, I quit 100% of my excess cash flow: lattes, movies, bad food; and hired a personal trainer from the Phs Ed. Department. He put me on the Atkins diet and worked me for 1 hour every other day and within 7 months, I was leaner, meaner and trimmer than I had been before. The first thing I did when I was back to my normal weight was book a ticket back home to visit my parents, whom I had been too ashamed to see before the weight loss.

I still have the size 22 pants that I wore to class and the photos. They are stuck to the inside of my clothes closet as a reminder to NEVER become so lazy with my self-care again. I'm now back to my size 8, which I'd been since 13.

It's because I've gone through this that I know how hard it is, but, I also know the direct benefits of losing the weight. I ache at not being able to eat chocolate or ice cream on a daily basis, but, I'd ache more from arthritis, back pain and low self esteem.

If Sean exercised more, and ate less, he'd be the man that he still has an image of, inside of himself. You just have to want THIS more than a donut.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast