+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Michael S.

I predicted this loooong ago, that he'd drop the WWJD bomb.

What an idiot!

You haven't even gotten to First Base yet and your putting forth your religious fervor?! WTF!

If he met her at a bar, would his opening line be the same thing? "Hi, My name is Michael and I believe in Jeeee-sus! How long can you be on your knees? Wanna come back to my place and pray?"

I'd toss a drink in the dorks face and say, "You've just been re-babtised! Praise the Lord!"

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins

What an idiot!

You haven't even gotten to First Base yet and your putting forth your religious fervor?! WTF!

If he met her at a bar, would his opening line be the same thing? "Hi, My name is Michael and I believe in Jeeee-sus! How long can you be on your knees? Wanna come back to my place and pray?"

I'd toss a drink in the dorks face and say, "You've just been re-babtised! Praise the Lord!"
    Oh Lambikins you misunderstand why a Christian would put their belief out there early. It is to not mislead the other person. As a Christian he would not be dating as sport. His intentions would be known early. He would be unlikely to pursue a relationship with a non believer.

Yes it is unusual that he would be on this show. He has put himself in a difficult position.

If you want to private message me I will try to explain better because I don't think this is the best place to do that but I will try if you wish. I am no theologian but I am a Christian.

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    "Hi, My name is Michael and I believe in Jeeee-sus! How long can you be on your knees? Wanna come back to my place and pray?"
    Lambikins, I believe you just might be eternally damned for that statement!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    ::giggling at lambikins::

Me -->
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by marvolomaven
    Lambikins, I believe you just might be eternally damned for that statement!

I just may be, but, I'll have plenty of fun company to party with!

Candybar: For the most part, I've seen remarkable tolerance for diversity at this site. I know that when we were on the AJI forum, there was a very interesting and informative thread about Melana/Zach/Judism/Christianity.

Last night, after the show, I racked my brain for anything in my life that I'd have to divulge, right from the get-go: "Hi, my name is Lambikins and I: am a vegetarian? a dancer? smoke?" Yet, nothing seemed so important that I'd care to share with someone that I didn't know. As you said, this appears to be a different case.

Why not trust us to learn from your experience and help us become more tolerant of diversity?

What an idiot!

I LOVE IT!! Yep - that'd do it for me too. Oh well! we knew there had to be something about it that was strange or over the top. He was just too "average" to be with this group. Gosh - a zealot with an obsessive/compulsive disorder. What a guy!

Maybe after AJ2, he can guest appear as MONK'S brother, or a therapist that treats O/C disorder!

I just may be, but, I'll have plenty of fun company to party with!

Candybar: For the most part, I've seen remarkable tolerance for diversity at this site. I know that when we were on the AJI forum, there was a very interesting and informative thread about Melana/Zach/Judism/Christianity.

Last night, after the show, I racked my brain for anything in my life that I'd have to divulge, right from the get-go: "Hi, my name is Lambikins and I: am a vegetarian? a dancer? smoke?" Yet, nothing seemed so important that I'd care to share with someone that I didn't know. As you said, this appears to be a different case.

Why not trust us to learn from your experience and help us become more tolerant of diversity?
    I also find this site to be a safe place to be. If you have a question I will try to answer. Again I am no theologian.
    Candy

Wsa anyone besides me tempted to sing "Jesus is just alright with me" when he dropped his J bomb? :-) Except that... well... Mike ain't Jesus!

Also, in the copter, he was boring as crap. You could almost hear words like "nifty" flying out of his mouth. He's this show's "Flanders".

America's Next Sassypants velveteenidol's Avatar
    When Mike said, "I dropped the J-Bomb" he gave me the impression that telling people about your overwhelming dedication to your faith must be a very revealing and vulnerable thing, and something that can elicit an uncomfortable silence from your audience.

But I didn't hear, for example, Zach, announce "I'm Jewish!" when he met Melana for the first time.

I want you guys to know I'm not knocking Mike for announcing his faith. But he has shown us that he understands and sometimes expects that he will receive a strong reaction, and sometimes it's a "now what do I say?" kind of response from the other person.

Agreed?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast