+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fredo L.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Three words:

Cut. Your. Hair.
    It never ceases to amaze me how males with long hair are perceived. Women can groom themselves how they please, men face social censure if they deviate in appearance out of their own choice.

No wonder the AJ show incited anger in me.

If you said the same to me in person, I would have an immense problem with it. It is quite offensive.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    I hope he loses the pony tail though. If he rethinks his hair and trims up the beard...he is actually good looking imo.

Again, here we see the example of how long hair is taken negatively in a uber-conformist culture overseeing the "fashion sense" of people who should not give a hoot. Glad to see your post, like many of the others, didn't wholeheartly criticize this particular AJ. Do you want to be attracted to him in despite of his decision to be like he is? How odd, yet typical.

I'm behind this guy, despite his flaws. No, I'm not taking about physical appearance, either. I don't think he will win out, however.

I'm surprised I actually watched this show; it went against my reservations. It is manipulative and instigating; but that's painfully obvious.

Hi there Planet Requiem!

You have a good point about the differences between acceptable grooming styles for men as opposed to women. I feel fortunate to be a woman, in that I can wear my hair real short, real long, and anything in between. We also have a much greater spectrum when it comes to clothes.

And whereas I personally tend to like long hair on guys, (not always, but usually), many women don't. And you need to understand that in accordance with the rules of this site, anyone's opinion is welcome. But what is not welcome is personal attacks on other people's opinions. We don't all have to agree. But we should try to play nice.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Hi there Planet Requiem!

You have a good point about the differences between acceptable grooming styles for men as opposed to women. I feel fortunate to be a woman, in that I can wear my hair real short, real long, and anything in between. We also have a much greater spectrum when it comes to clothes.

And whereas I personally tend to like long hair on guys, (not always, but usually), many women don't. And you need to understand that in accordance with the rules of this site, anyone's opinion is welcome. But what is not welcome is personal attacks on other people's opinions. We don't all have to agree. But we should try to play nice.
    Sorry about my rather militant attitude; I've encountered some bias not only in my personal life but from speaking with others as well. It was rather harsh, I agree, but I'm not trying to argue to cause trouble; I wanted to provoke in order for people to think about their accepted modes in thought and break through that a bit. It wasn't to wreck havoc, I assure you!

Right now I'll just say this, however; the more personal choices you have, the more power you can apply. That's my the root point of my posts, essentially; it's not just about "hair;" it's about being able to create effective positive change in life without the hindrance of illogical cultural scorn, if that makes any sense.

Anyway thank you for responding, and although I'm ambivalent about show, I'll definately be watching.

What's the big deal with Fredo's hair? It seems to me that I see men with all manner of long, short, and in-between hairstyles today, I think they are pretty much all ok as long as they dont have a mullet or rat tail, or the old Farrah Fawcett thing going on.You see attorneys with long ponytails, soccer players with flowing curls, etc. etc. The look I don't care for is the shaved head on white men (looks like a pencil eraser!) especially when it's done to hide a receding hairline, but you can still see the ridge where their hairline would be--or so short that it looks like they just got out of prison. But, all of these styles seem to be acceptable in today's society. So why should Fredo get a haircut?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Fredo seems pretty cool! A bit rough around the edges, perhaps, but if he had a haircut, and lost the wife-beaters, I think he'd be too "normal" to even be on this show. Basically he's a good looking guy, and NOT a complete Zachass!

I thought for sure Fredo was going to leave yesterday! He seems to have a bit more dignity than some of the other guys....

K

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902
    I thought for sure Fredo was going to leave yesterday! He seems to have a bit more dignity than some of the other guys....

K
    I agree. He and Tony both know they are being set up to look like chumps and they are! If this show doesn't pass on the bullying tactics and one-sided competitions, I'm going to have to pass on the remainder of this show. Why not just tell the "old guys" that the "new guys" were going to get an opportunity to spend some time with Larissa to get to know them. Why the demeaning BS competitions? Yeah, Fredo's right it's BS and needs to be stopped.

I like that he knows Mike C. (the "dipwad" hunk) so he can use his knowledge of this guy against him. However, I don't see Mike C. lasting more than next week's ep.

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    I think he seems like a pretty decent guy. He is in a way good looking...compared to the others but he isn't drop dead. Hence the show though lol.
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

A pony-tail on a man is not to my taste. And on Fredo, it looks especially greasy and mafia-esque. Ugh.

+ Reply to Thread