+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fredo L.

I think that he described her as a "broad" in an interview I read on this board somewhere, not on the show.

Apparently, many of you are tolerant of this type of speech. Fine. I figure that Fredo knows when he's on television and/or speaking to a reporter. If he's allowing himself to be recorded saying these things, I wonder what he holds back for private conversation?

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I think that he described her as a "broad" in an interview I read on this board somewhere, not on the show.

Apparently, many of you are tolerant of this type of speech. Fine. I figure that Fredo knows when he's on television and/or speaking to a reporter. If he's allowing himself to be recorded saying these things, I wonder what he holds back for private conversation?
    I agree with you. I tend to think it reflects pretty poorly on his overall respect for the female gender that he has no qualms about letting that come out on public record.

To be fair, I think we've seen in the past that nearly all reality tv show contestants appear to forget they are even on camera. I would certainly rather be recording saying something questionable than being involved in some of the hottub/bedroom type scenes that are standard fare on these shows.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    Good point, Stargazer. Never really thought about it that way.

I do think that I'd have to smack him if he called me that to my face though Just doesn't sound very pretty, does it?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop

I, for one, am NOT tolerant of someone calling me a broad or PoA, in private or public. And using his background and job as justification doesn't excuse him.

Should a white construction worker from Mississippi, raised around the KKK folks be allowed to call people his choice of words, even though he "grew up with it" and it's part of his culture? I. don't. think. so.!

I just got done reading MYSTIC RIVER and seeing the film, which takes place in the year 2000 of Boston's Blue Collar area. When I heard/read Fredo's comments, I could only think of Sean Penn and wonder how many people Fredo has helped into the Mystic River with cement overshoes.

Three words:

Cut. Your. Hair.

Flashback!

Isn't Fredo the name of one of the sons of Vito Coreleone in The Godfather?

That, plus the gold chain, greasy pony-tail and wife beater, are giving me some serious late-70s, early-80s flashbacks.

I found myself kinda liking him after this night's episode.* He seems to be a sweet guy, even if he's prone to crude comments. He made some great comments about seeing past the normal facade people construct, and that won him major brownie points from Larissa. Good job! And he also backed it up with good examples of him liking classical music and starting a fund for charity. Very sweet (and hopefully truthful.)

I can even almost-- almost-- see myself overlooking his henious fashion sense.

*Note: I'm writing this at 4 in the morning. I'm not breaking any rules, am I?

FORT Regular
    Im liking Fredo more and more. He may not be for everyone but I like his tough guy/good guy who is a little deeper then you would think at first look vibe he has going for him.
    Last edited by Brannigan73; 01-13-2004 at 10:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread